My New Helmet in process

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvinelax

Jr Member
Thanks to everyone that helped me start my new helmet after all the "Noob" questions i asked so here i what i have so far after 2 coats of fiberglass on inside and 3 coats of resin on outside with the filler on the back thats not yet complete(If your wondering why broken chopsticks are in there its cause my helmet is tilted to the left and was caving in) :mad: and to all the new people that may want to make a helm i highly sugggest it pepakura is an awsome way to go and just to let you know im not that artistic so everyone can easily do it

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8079.jpg

IMG_8078.jpg

Is the body filler hard to use?

One way to keep it from warping is to do it in sections are first... Kinda well just do the outside first... 1 layer... Then the next day it should be pritty good from warping any...

Macattack64 said:
Is the body filler hard to use?

One way to keep it from warping is to do it in sections are first... Kinda well just do the outside first... 1 layer... Then the next day it should be pritty good from warping any...

Filler is great to use and easy to mix ill try to post a tut with pics and stuff even though there is one out there just get a small electric sander from "Black and Decker" called the mouse it works like a charm

Last edited by a moderator:
irvinelax said:
Filler is great to use and easy to mix ill try to post a tut with pics and stuff even though there is one out there just get a small electric sander from "Black and Decker" called the mouse it works like a charm

I just need to do little spots... I don't know if I'm going to do detailing...

Is it easy to like... lets say I was making an indented line in it... Would it be hard to do?

Macattack64 said:
I just need to do little spots... I don't know if I'm going to do detailing...

Is it easy to like... lets say I was making an indented line in it... Would it be hard to do?

like with an exacto knife it shouldnt be that hard i would do it right before it hardens like 3 minutes after applying it

irvinelax said:
like with an exacto knife it shouldnt be that hard i would do it right before it hardens like 3 minutes after applying it

If I were to mess up how could I get it off???

I don't think I'll do details for now... :\

I'll just got for getting it done and painted and making it smooth in the places where it is off...

Macattack64 said:
If I were to mess up how could I get it off???

I don't think I'll do details for now... :\
I'll just got for getting it done and painted and making it smooth in the places where it is off...

if u mess up with a little dab to fix a gap orhole no its easy just a little sand paper but if you do large amounts like me its gona be a pain to get off

irvinelax said:
if u mess up with a little dab to fix a gap orhole no its easy just a little sand paper but if you do large amounts like me its gona be a pain to get off

I was just at menards today... I figures I wouldn't get any this time... Cuz I just want to get it done even if that means not really any details... :\

Macattack64 said:
I was just at menards today... I figures I wouldn't get any this time... Cuz I just want to get it done even if that means not really any details... :\

It takes a crap load of time to cut and glue and fiberglass spend the extra day on detail because most likely you will get lazy after this one and not make another, so i highly recomend getting it done now

irvinelax said:
It takes a crap load of time to cut and glue and fiberglass spend the extra day on detail because most likely you will get lazy after this one and not make another, so i highly recomend getting it done now

Well if you look in my gallery it's been fiberglassed but there are little threads that I spent my time with yesterday... I was also priming and sanding yesterday...

Macattack64 said:
Well if you look in my gallery it's been fiberglassed but there are little threads that I spent my time with yesterday... I was also priming and sanding yesterday...

your helemet looks great thats only paper and fiberglass wow how did you get the inside so smooth? because min right now has fibers everywere.

irvinelax said:
your helemet looks great thats only paper and fiberglass wow how did you get the inside so smooth? because min right now has fibers everywere.

I just cut or sanded off any loose or threads that hardened and were hanging out... Also I think the spray paint might have filled in some gaps... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back