My noob question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedlyFantom

Hey guys! Sorry about this noob question, but we've all gotta start out somewhere. I am an artist and I love to paint. Would any of you happen to know where I could get a blank plastic halo helmet? Or would any one be able to sell me one? I'm hoping if it's blank and out of the mold it should be cheaper than a fully painted one with visor and LEDS. So, if any of you guys could help me out that would be great! Thank you in advance!

-Austin

Welcome to the 405th.
This community is geared more toward helping folks construct their own armor, although there are some folks who are willing to sell/trade some of their pieces from time to time. These are in the classified section. To access the classified section you have to be ranked as an "infantryman" which means you have >100 posts and have been part of the community for a while. We have had issues with people taking someone's work that they purchased, then molding it and reproducing it and taking credit for it as their own. This is called recarsting. So please understand if we're a bit protective in that regard. You might find someone willing to sell you a rough cast, but my advice is to pep together your favorite helmet, resin and fiberglass it, then go to town with the paint.

Best of luck

yea i can understand how people feel if other people take someone's work and take credit for it.

I can completely understand the issue of recasting. I'm not skilled enough to do it, but I can see the reason of fear. Thank you very much though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back