My ODST Build - 2nd post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CortexZerks

This is how far along I am with my ODST build that was fully 3d printed thanks to Moesizzlacs files.
(didn't get much done in a while so my first post was left to long and don't want to make it look like spam adding to that)

So, so far I have spent ages 3D printing all these files, then coated them all in epoxy to remove a lot of the layer lines, sanded that something crazy then automotive 2pac hi fill primer on top, then sanded again to make sure had barely any layer lines left in this suit.
This so far has been a big process but I think definitely worth it.

This is after It was 2poac primers before the second sanding process.
suit.jpg

So far these are the pieces that I have been able to paint.
I used the toothpaste method to get those nice chip marks on them, planning on getting an ODST sticker on the middle of the chest piece and paint around where the lights go on the helmet with silver and at some point would like to buy a proper vacuum-formed maybe silver mirrored visor to have that nice smoother visor look.
Helmet.jpgChest.jpgHip.jpgShoulder.jpg

So far I still have a box full of pieces that I need to work on, will be a long process but I am super keen to get this done.
To paint.jpg

There are some pieces missing out of this box as they are the shoulders, I am planning on getting some black material (like what duffle bags are made from) and foam to cover it so it has the proper look and feel.
And the neckpiece as well as I need to cut that in half so I can get that over my head.

Keen to get this done and being more active so I can be deployed with the Australian 405th regiment.

I do have a custom painted spartan armour (Moesizzlacs patterns also) that I went super heavy with weathering on, didn't do the process I have with my ODST and can see layer lines and imperfections on it in different spots, but I still love it.
Spartan.jpgSpartan2.jpg

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Suit looks awesome so far Cortex! I really want to give the toothpaste weathering method a go one day.
Oh, and it probably would have been OK to necropost on your own thread, since it is your thread.

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Suit looks awesome so far Cortex! I really want to give the toothpaste weathering method a go one day.
Oh, and it probably would have been OK to necropost on your own thread, since it is your thread.
Surprisingly the toothpaste method is pretty easy, just make sure the paint underneath is properly dried first.

An update to what I have done so far.
My forearms have come up pretty nice.
Not sure if I should paint the fin looking bit black or leave them silver.
20210910_144345.jpg
Some more chest pieces that I am happy with.20210907_163735.jpg
And my thighs.
20210907_163725.jpg

Now to complete my but piece and shins, then some real work trying to do the sniper rifle.

I am either looking at printing the magnum or the submachine gun yo complement this outfit, submachine gun is iconic, but may be a challenge to lug around with the sniper.

A quick update, I have now been trying to get it all together so that I can wear it, slowly making its way there, I also took out the blue visor and went with a silver one, looks much cooler I think.
I didn't like the original shoulder pads, they were 3d printed and didn't shape to my body properly, so I remade them with foam and covered with a black fabric, will hopefully update here again after this weekend with a completed ODST set, then will need to continue working on my sniper.
20211014_210937.jpg

Need to buy some shoes to glue the foot pieces to, need to finish the shoulder pieces.
May need to add some felt tape in places to reduce the clanking but I think it's looking pretty mint.
View attachment 310820
Sock feet first into hell trooper!

I love this aesthetic because the eye focuses on your awesome helmet and chest piece and then scans down and it's socks as a completely unexpected turn.

Need to buy some shoes to glue the foot pieces to, need to finish the shoulder pieces.
May need to add some felt tape in places to reduce the clanking but I think it's looking pretty mint.
everyone knows the best first suit up pics are without boots on (coming from another guy who didn't have boots for his first suit up either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back