My Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

azneraz

Hey guys this thread is for my ODST build based on the upcoming ODST DLC from Xbox. At the moment i have peped bot the MKVI thighs and wow they fit lol. Also i wanted to ask you guys if the CQ sholder is on both sides or just on the left shoulder? before i start to pep it.

MKVI Thighs

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

This is what i mean about the CQ shoulder

halo3-odst_charconcept-03-2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think =D

hmmm...hey shackz!
yes i think so, as best as I can tell, and either way it would be best to not take the chance.
Is your Gear done?

TrackerXNinjaX said:
hmmm...hey shackz!
yes i think so, as best as I can tell, and either way it would be best to not take the chance.
Is your Gear done?

not all of it yet just the thighs working on the gauntlets atm =D so just on the one side yea?

TBH really i think i shouldnt even need to make the gauntlets according the concept art so i think ima make the CQ shoulder and work my way from there THanks again mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys i just have a very quick question to ask, as you can see in the ODST concept art for the MKVI thighs. is there any way to create a camo paint job? does anyone know a technique on how to? Thanks in Advance =D

OO pics on the camo test =D

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

some suggestions please?
=D

The best way to make the pattern is by stencil or you can tape off areas and do the pattern that way.

Helibor said:
Maybe a stencil or matt vinyl pattern system?

yea ill try a stencil but if all else fails ill be just going with a standard matt black =D thanks for your help =D!

For painting a camo design, which I do often, I lay down a base coat, or what color is seem most in the pattern, then I cut either the specific pattern (stuff like tiger stripe, ACU/MARPAT, etc...) or random splotches resembling the ones in US Woodland camo patters, such as the Urban scheme you're going for. If I remember the coloring of the ODST armor correctly, you'll need a base coat of almost primer grey
Just a tad darker, then a purpleish grey, darker grey should work if you can't find it, then lighter black, not completely black. All of this will have to be matte paint, not satin, since it doesn't appear to have any, or as much reflectiveness when compared to a spartan 2. If you're still lost, there's a great tutorial on the site: airsoftretreat.com

Goodluck!

reddeth said:
For painting a camo design, which I do often, I lay down a base coat, or what color is seem most in the pattern, then I cut either the specific pattern (stuff like tiger stripe, ACU/MARPAT, etc...) or random splotches resembling the ones in US Woodland camo patters, such as the Urban scheme you're going for. If I remember the coloring of the ODST armor correctly, you'll need a base coat of almost primer grey
Just a tad darker, then a purpleish grey, darker grey should work if you can't find it, then lighter black, not completely black. All of this will have to be matte paint, not satin, since it doesn't appear to have any, or as much reflectiveness when compared to a spartan 2. If you're still lost, there's a great tutorial on the site: airsoftretreat.com

Goodluck!

woo thanks dude the site helps heaps =D

The shoulder is the same on both sides, and for the camo do exactly as reddeth suggested and it should turn out just like in the picture. Good luck.

it's looking good, but i can't help myself from wondering how you plan on keeping your armor from getting up and personal with you. o_O I'm not trying to be crude, but moving with something that high in the rise of your pants can get uncomfortable, especially if you are running and walking ;)

Micney said:
it's looking good, but i can't help myself from wondering how you plan on keeping your armor from getting up and personal with you. o_O I'm not trying to be crude, but moving with something that high in the rise of your pants can get uncomfortable, especially if you are running and walking ;)

oo i understand what you mean and gladly it doesnt ride up the crotch or anything in the pic in my first post my legs are bent, these were built so that they stay mid level on the thighs so there is space between the crotch and the knee area =D

Spartan 035 said:
How you are going to make the shoulders? Pep? Cardboard?

there is a pep file for the CQ shoulder i found on the forums =D

Spidur said:
v-noice so far. i'd work on my MC stuff but uni is getting in the way :(

keep up awesome work :p

Thanks dude, AWWWW that really sucks uni i mean but uni comes first dude =D

Hey guys sorry if this is considered as a double post but here is some updates, Both thighs are finished, i tried out some camo patterns but i wasn't really feeling it so i went with a standard matt balck with silver scuff marks and damage.

oo and i had some fun with some of my other props =D enjoy =D

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

haha a CoG Spartan lolz

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back