My P1 Themed Predator Costume with Electronics and Sounds. (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's understandable. If things goes sideways, you would want to prevent the printer from wasting filament. For me, I just have to hope to avoid 2 problems when I'm out of the house:

My printer nozzle is in mid air and there is a gap between it and the print

Power Outage issue.

I have yet to master how to continue the print after a power loss.

Power Outage issue.

If you suffer from brown outs like me, use a Uninterruptible power supply and it'll take care of brownouts or short power outages.

I have yet to master how to continue the print after a power loss.

I used to want to do everything I could to save a print. Now, I find it is easier to measure how much was printed before the loss (say 20mm) and then subtract that portion from the lower part of the model. Since everything gets glued together in the finishing process, what's one more seam to hide?

If you suffer from brown outs like me, use a Uninterruptible power supply and it'll take care of brownouts or short power outages.

I used to want to do everything I could to save a print. Now, I find it is easier to measure how much was printed before the loss (say 20mm) and then subtract that portion from the lower part of the model. Since everything gets glued together in the finishing process, what's one more seam to hide?

I thought about getting a power supply, but I don't know how long it lasts after the lights go out. I was thinking of investing in a backup generator that keeps the power going even after a blackout, but that's costing thousands of dollars!

As far as the method using the technique, I've tried that and I have been unsuccessful in the past. So I will have to depend on luck for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back