My progress, and a problem with the MC 2 chest design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moz

spartan?
dsc06642dr3.jpg

I'm working on a Pepakura design right now and I've discovered, even when scaled properly there is no way to actually shoulder a weapon. You just can't. It's a stupid oversight by the bungie concept artist/modeller who tried to make a functional suit but completely neglects the most important part of any soldiers mobility, the upper body.

dsc06643uj4.jpg

I'm at a loss of how to change the armour, even making it more narrow doesn't seem to alleviate the problem. The MC 1 armour seemed much better designed in that respect while this crap looks more like it's suppose to be a superman bust than a body armour.

It real detracts from the effect if you can only low ready a weapon and bob your head up and down like a RED VS BLUE character because if you shoulder your weapon it has to sitting on your chest.

here is what I have so far:

dsc06646bc3.jpg

tried the MK V but whoever exported the model did it wrong and there are overlapping faces, not to mention the unwrap is pretty shobby. It doesn't seem to follow any logical system.

Well, pretty much the helm is the only part I've encountered like that so far. The rest works a lot better but the backpack is still a pain. Wish I knew how to fix it.

Moz said:
tried the MK V but whoever exported the model did it wrong and there are overlapping faces, not to mention the unwrap is pretty shobby. It doesn't seem to follow any logical system.

Not my doing but, In the original thread for that the model and texture were posted seperately.. You can always have a go at it yourself..
Rather than complain about other peoples work that you get for free...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back