My RC Stratojet Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankball

alright so i've been fly this plane in FSX for over 2-3 years now and now i want to make it into a RC plane and here what i looks like
2012-4-21_22-59-59-602.jpg

2012-4-21_23-0-4-596.jpg

2012-4-21_23-0-15-617.jpg

Here my first 2 i make to see if a biger one will fly and they both seem to fly very good.
IMG_0092.jpg

The brown one flys and best and i like it
IMG_0094-1.jpg

i think monday i'll have some new pic cuz the hobby store is closed sunday. im going to be making this into a foamy

alright just finshed my powerd one and this is how big im planing to make it
IMG_0095-2.jpg

the one thang that throws me off is how the up and down work.
when i want to go up the elly will be like this
IMG_0097-1.jpg

when i want her to go down the elly will be like this
IMG_0098.jpg

Why don't you move the front flaps from the front to the back? With a design like that has never been built, you might as well modify it so that it can fly in real life, but still keep it's shape.

from all the testing i've been doing it seems to fly very will. but if i have to move them i will. im hoping to send it of to Banana Hobby and see what they can do with it. not for the $$$ just cuz i want to see a 3D one fly

The best way to get the horizontal stabilizers to work the best and not weigh the plane down would be to go and buy the micro-servos.

You can make a plane for a lot cheaper than 100. I have seen people make some on youtube for around $25-30.

That is probably without the controller, and I really have no clue how much that would cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you move the front flaps from the front to the back? With a design like that has never been built, you might as well modify it so that it can fly in real life, but still keep it's shape.

These designs exist in full-scale planes, and quite a few have been successfully built. They're even generally considered to be more stable that conventional planes, and more difficult to stall + spin.

Tankball, the elevator movement is "backwards" because the horizontal stabilizer is in front of the center-of-gravity. On a conventional plane with the tail in the back, the elevator going up will induce a downward moment on the tail, causing the nose to pitch up, and the plane to climb. With the horizontal stab in the front, "up" elevator will cause that same down force, but now it's acting on the nose, not the tail, causing the plane to dive. It's completely normal, and just one of the effects of a canard design.

I've made several entire RC planes out of one piece of $1 Dollar Tree foamboard. They're quite fun to fly since there's no stress of crashing it because so little is invested in it.

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

alright heres a new one i made for my friend thats coming over. i made it so it can fly easy and also fly fast when i'm flying it
IMG_0132-2.jpg

IMG_0133-2.jpg

i may post a new plane, he may have one he wants to make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back