My Rough MC Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordmagoo

Jr Member
well this is my first time sculpting so plz be be rough and lemme know what u think. It still need some major smoothing and minor details. thx

PS: i suck at taking pictures.....

OK so here are some new pictures ..... lemme know what u think.

Aighty so here are some new pics with a lil more smoothing and detailing. Id say it still needs a lot more work and touching up. I still have to do the bottom back part and fix the vents. Along with a few other things..... Lemme know what u think thx.

damn you r doin better then i am man i cant even resin cuz its cold and im 14 and my parents wont buy me resin

the vents should be bigger. i am aware that its in its rough stages but fix it now so u dont have to realize u made a huge mistake later.

Ole'Irish-man said:
what do u mean by vents? like what parts are they?
The black pipes on the sides of the helmet... Also i noticed that the helmet is not in scale when looking from the the side, The top of the visor area ("THE CAP") is not long enough and is a little too thick.

-Finnish

Last edited by a moderator:
Ole'Irish-man said:
well this is my first time sculpting so plz be be rough and lemme know what u think. It still need some major smoothing and minor details. thx

PS: i suck at taking pictures.....

You are going great, can't wait to see the finished product.

THx guys for the comments, ill get working to try to touch up on those problems. Ill repost new pics soon. thx again

spartan 300 said:
this is a nice sculpt!!!!! :D

This is a very nice sculpt indeed. But i would still call it being in the rough stages. Am i right?
This will look awesome when you add more detail etc... so far what i have noticed what you need to change:

FRONT:
:Make the "suncap" a little longer and thinner from the end.. Since it "narrows down" towards the end.
:When i looked from the front i noticed that the led light areas are quite small... you should stretch them downwards a little.
:The "Nose area" needs a little work.

SIDE:
:Add air vents. (Those black pipes on the sides of the helmet).
:The curving parts on the side of the helmet (With the little rectangle itend) should be worked on.

This is just constructive critisicm, dont take it offensively. It's should help you.
Also, many people add theyre own small customisations to make the helmet personal so you dont have to make it "In Game" like
I think it will look sick!

-Finnish

This kicks ass. Very nice job so far, just smooth it out a bit more.

What did you sculpt it out of? Oil-based clay? Sculpy? Etc...

Good job. :love: it.

aight cool thx guys for all the advice about things. Ill work right away on fixing some of those problems. Thx again. ill post more pictures soon!

Ole'Irish-man said:
ADDed new Pics. didnt want to make new post. BUMP to Top

Looks great! can i have legendary helmet next to it for size reference? (please if you have one...)
i also still think that the front of the 'sun cap' is still too thick... it kind of narrows down towards the tip. and the edges of the tip arent completely vertical (they tilt a bit).

Also you can now 'delete' your double post since i bumb'ed your post again....

-Fin(n)ish

I used a Soft Green-Gray Van aken clay from dickblick, 12 bucks for 4.5 pounds. Its oil based, non-sulfer plastina.
I got my clay there too! (y) But I don't know if I have the same clay. Did it come in rectangular prism shape?

I use my clay for detailing and smoothing out my armor, though, not for sclupting.

Dude I think this is quality sculpting!! (y)
Dont worry if its not perfect. Everyones is different, thats the way it should be.
It looks great.

RedTogusa said:
Dude I think this is quality sculpting!! (y)
Dont worry if its not perfect. Everyones is different, thats the way it should be.
It looks great.

Agreed, who want's cookie cutter Spartans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back