My Spartan Laser

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, you and me both! I'm going to carve and sand it and attach some details, but im pretty much lost after that. I need to find out what to seal it with to make it hard.

mnm_enterprises said:
lol, you and me both! I'm going to carve and sand it and attach some details, but im pretty much lost after that. I need to find out what to seal it with to make it hard.

Hmm... well I can't help you with that =/
I'm sure someone else here can provide you with some information on the subject though.
Gotta be careful when using styrofoam, as things easily eat through and "melt" it. Previous experience has taught me that much..
Keep it up though!

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have to turn it into a mould and cast it after you detail the foam to get a "hard" prop out of it.

Though the experts, when they weigh in, may say differently.

that is so bad ass
im going to work on mine tommorow hopefully
thanks for being nice and giving me all the info
you rule
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow, that first picture was from the Halo 3 Alpha, Anyone notice its still the Halo 2 hands, Its simply the Halo 2 FP model with rocket launcher anims. Its when they were just using it as a place holder to make it look better then just a floating spartan laser.

I while back I had two giant perfect side refs of the Slazer but no longer do.

-Doom

4720365327vv2.jpg

and

mediacagnntydjy6.jpg

Dang, you beat me too it. I have got the same pictures, but almost twice the size of that first one.

Unfournatley those are sititng on my hardrive half way around the world.

-Doom

mnm_enterprises said:

Polyurethane will create a hard, thin plastic layer; then you can fiberglass.

mnm_enterprises said:
Umm , bud
i dont know if this will work to actually ''seal'' your work but i used liquid plastic on my foam magnum and it didnt eat the foam so i know its safe to use .....maybe try putting a few coats of liquid plastic on it .....other than that maybe just stand it up and use a light glue...
thanks for reading ...hope it helps...
,Dallis

lol, well.......... as of now, it might be awhile before i work on it again. I got distracted workin on my helmet and now school has started back. But the major thing that is stopping me is halo 3.... I've been playin until my eyes bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back