Props My Start On A Halo 3 Sniper Rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys in inspiration of lee I've decided to start building a wooden sniper rifle from spartan II blue prints.

Here is some pics of what I've gotten done so far.

(Taken from my IPhone so the picture quality it not the best.)

The hole shebang

photo.jpg

My tracing's so far.

photo_2_.jpg

My tools and the already cut pieces

photo_3_.jpg

Printed page photo 1

photo_4_.jpg

Printed page photo 2

photo_5_.jpg

Printed page photo 3

photo_6_.jpg

I hope to have some updates for you guys around monday.

Thanks for looking

Mario..

Kewl! It's nice to see others are putting my schematics to good use :D

Those are the pics he originally posted in the "Halo 3 Sniper Rifle Blueprints" thread, right? Looks like you managed to scale them to fit the pages pretty well, should be close to the size of Lee's ;)

Just out of curiosity, what material(s) are you using for your build? Foam board, perhaps? Oh, and is your construction method going to result in it being hollow at all? o_O

If so, you'll probably want to fabricate some sort of internal frame to support it :cool:

Like Lee said, I look forward to your progress on this, dude :)

LeeKegan said:
Thats great and I really can't wait to see your progress!

Good luck

Thanks

SPARTAN II said:
Kewl! It's nice to see others are putting my schematics to good use :D

Those are the pics he originally posted in the "Halo 3 Sniper Rifle Blueprints" thread, right? Looks like you managed to scale them to fit the pages pretty well, should be close to the size of Lee's ;)

Just out of curiosity, what material(s) are you using for your build? Foam board, perhaps? Oh, and is your construction method going to result in it being hollow at all? o_O

If so, you'll probably want to fabricate some sort of internal frame to support it :cool:

Like Lee said, I look forward to your progress on this, dude :)

bold 1 Yes and thanks

bold 2 wood same as lee (popular :D) it is going to be solid wood no internal frame

Last edited by a moderator:
marioknight92 said:
Thanks
bold 1 Yes and thanks

bold 2 wood same as lee (popular :D) it is going to be solid wood no internal frame

When you say Lee inspired you, he really inspired you, lol. I mean, right down to the same type of wood. This ought to be good :D heh

SPARTAN II said:
When you say Lee inspired you, he really inspired you, lol. I mean, right down to the same type of wood. This ought to be good :D heh

LOL well yeah if you take advice from a elite you listen LOL.

marioknight92 said:
LOL well yeah if you take advice from a elite you listen LOL.

I can't say as I blame you. I'd do the same thing, lol. Having taken some tips and tricks from our local "Master of the Wood" will definately help with the build :D heh

Quick update

Here is some more pictures

again taken from my iphone so not the greatst of pictures

The wood i got

Again the hole shebang

photo_7_.jpg

The smaller pieces

photo_8_.jpg

the larger pieces

photo_9_.jpg

the dowel and the almost 8ft/ 1in think piece of wood for the body

photo_10_.jpg

This is why i will/ could not start it

photo_11_.jpg

As you can see This topic will be picture heavy

And a little not to spartan II: i was pm lee the other day with a little idea i had and i cam up with

The 1 in think piece of wood will be my base and the smaller pieces will be for the detail

Lol i just read my post and i though i sound a littel stuck up by say "no internal frame" so just wanted to correct my self

Edit: oh crap sorry for the double post

Good luck man! Looks like you're all set, might want to clean up a little first tho. You know, for a little working room, lol.

spookyshadow said:
Good luck man! Looks like you're all set, might want to clean up a little first tho. You know, for a little working room, lol.

Yeah but the prob is it was clean a week ago put my family just throws a lot of $#!T in there even though we got a storage unit (sorta like a little house) and a garden shack that we put all our lawn and gardening $#!T in, But every thing get piled up in the garage. so I'll get out there tomorrow and clean it up after i get my lawn mowed

marioknight92 said:
Quick update
Here is some more pictures

again taken from my iphone so not the greatst of pictures

[imgs]

As you can see This topic will be picture heavy

And a little not to spartan II: i was pm lee the other day with a little idea i had and i cam up with

The 1 in think piece of wood will be my base and the smaller pieces will be for the detail

Lol i just read my post and i though i sound a littel stuck up by say "no internal frame" so just wanted to correct my self

Edit: oh crap sorry for the double post

No worries, dude. I didn't think that sounded stuck-up or anything, lol.

Like Lee said, sounds like you're on the right track with this. Looking forward to more.

Ok again sorry for the double post

This is a little update i've started on the sr today

photo_12_.jpg

photo_13_.jpg

And... and wait don't close the thread just yet i want to show you guys my new toy

photo_15_.jpg

photo_14_.jpg

:D Me.

LeeKegan said:
I love the drill press. I use mine a lot in making my props. Can't wait to see your progress.

Thanks yeah i had some meny uses for it be for so i just went out and bought one i hope to run this thing dead

And side note on the drill press: it says recon so it's for halo 3... It has to be right?

Well today i finely got to cut the wood here a pic of whats been done so far

photo.jpg

What I'm thinking about doing is cutting off each piece (barrel part, handle/trigger etc...etc...) working with it and them re-attaching them with little dowels.

But i just wanted to give you guys a quick update of it :)

On the part you have of the barrel. You may want to cut that off and go with dowels that size. It is very hard to round square pieces.

Just a suggestion.

LeeKegan said:
On the part you have of the barrel. You may want to cut that off and go with dowels that size. It is very hard to round square pieces.

Just a suggestion.

Yeah i was going to cut it off and use craving tools and a-lot of sand paper to get it down to the dowel size lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back