My story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkal1ne

Of getting crack down today so I can be in the beta.

Notes: I do not have a Xbox 360 (yet) But I plan to have one before the beta.

Okay here it goes.

So I drive to best buy and when I go in there I look around, I then pick up a copy of crackdown and I saw the halo 3 invite sticker and I felt a geekasim rush through my body. I then went to the pc games aisle and picked up a World of Warcraft map. After I wondered around a little bit, I finally went to the cashier, I pull out my cash to pay for it and then at the last minute he asked for my ID. "****" I said to myself since I still have 1 month till I am 17 and can buy rated M games. He said " Uh Sir, we can't sell this to you" So I was like okay and said I would just take the map. :bye2:

So I walked to circuit city right next door, I went in grab a copy and went to the cashier. The cashier then asked for my ID and I gave it to him and he said the same thing as the Best Buy Cashier :evil: , so I walked out. As I was walking to my Truck I spotted a Games Stop right across the street so I drove over there.

As I entered the gamestop and walked to the back where the Xbox 360 Games are held, crackdown had a golden light shining upon it. I grabbed the copy and went to the desk. I then struck up a friendly conversation about the beta, about pre-ordering halo 3, and about the new VidDoc of the multiplayer that came out a few days ago. 5 min's later :blah: I was set order halo 3 and I even told him I didn't have a xbox 360 yet but plan to have one before the beta came out, I also added in that I am buying the game now to make sure I'm in the beta by the time it comes out. He then tryed to sell me on a gamestop card and I thought to myself "Hmm :unsure: , if I agree to the card, and he finds out that I am not over 17, then he could very possibly lose the sell of over $200 that I am about to spend, ( Since I had already told him I was ready to pay off the Legendary edition of Halo 3 plus crack down and the GS card at that moment)" then I thought that this could work. So as he was about to take the $200+ in my hand away into his greedy register, he asked my my id very quietly.

I responded with "Oh, uh well I left it at my house, it never occurred to me that I might need it."

He said " Well then uhhh lets see.. Whens your birthday."

I then said "March 23st 1988"
:birthday: ( which was the first numbers that popped into my head)

He then said okay and he took the cash from me. Please note, that this was indeed the manager of the gamestop... So I am happy that he was a arrogant fool and I now have a spot in the beta, a paid copy of halo 3 legendary, 12 month suscription to GI ( yay! lol /sarcasm), oh and my World of Warcraft map :) :rock:

Cheers

well you told him your story...so i guess he wanted you to have it or he wanted you to leave didnt want to hear you talk anymore.....j/k :lindsey:

i did the samething when i got halo2 i got the game before i got a xbox and i pre-order H3 before i got my 360

I don't think it's that fantastical. If you had lied and said the same thing at either of the the other stores you went to, you probably would have gotten it there too.

I was at Circuit City myself the other day and was amazed to see that there were still plenty of copies of Crackdown with the beta sticker here too.

WTF? It was only supposed to be with the first shipment! I waited outside EB games here before they opened up the day that Crackdown came out to make sure I got my copy. Now anybody with $60 can get it?

:mumble:

I feel a little betrayed.

Great job kid. You have successfully played a gamestop manager.
You Rock!

Only playin glad to hear you got your game, hope it all works out for ya.

I'm hopefully getting Crackdown over the summer, or waking up at 8 in the morning for the alpha on Live.

ive never had to show anyone my id when buying anything. i do not know why. even before i was 17 noone ever asked for my id and i bought tons of mature games.

WanderingRon1n said:
ive never had to show anyone my id when buying anything. i do not know why. even before i was 17 noone ever asked for my id and i bought tons of mature games.

I have been carded twice once when trying to buy sin city without my ID and the second time right after my 18th b-day (which was on thursday) when I went and saw grindhouse

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. nice story. Ben wasn't the manager, was he? :mrgreen:

Oh, and Ares, the Beta ends June 6th, and you need a copy of Crackdown to play it, if you didn't get in through the Rule Of Three Program...

Dud you have no idea.

I know an 8 year old that is the most fantastic FPS player i have every seen, as well as being phenominal at programming.

Hes 8.

I was playing ninja turtles and watching cartoons, and building tree houses at 8.

Now they build virtual tree houses.

Maybe that is why so many kids are fattys today.

Chewdog316 said:
Dud you have no idea.

I know an 8 year old that is the most fantastic FPS player i have every seen, as well as being phenominal at programming.

Hes 8.

I was playing ninja turtles and watching cartoons, and building tree houses at 8.

Now they build virtual tree houses.

Maybe that is why so many kids are fattys today.

or overprotective parents that think a butterfly will kill their kids if they go outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
well here in Washington it is a law to card, if you don't card your business can get in legal trouble. Movies, video games, alcohol it dosn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back