My Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I know I have a WIP thread of my own going on, but I only want that to be a collection of Good and decent progress. If it is decided that this peice looks fine then I will place it there, however I dont think it looks fine

The torso is probably 80 complete but I wanted to do a size test before I finished the entired thing. Information: Height - 5'11 assembled chest peice height 58 cm. I think it's prolly a tad too big, but I want some opinions. If the opinions are that it's too big for me I may be willing to finish pepping and maybe glassing/bondoing it and selling it to someone who may have interest in it

Anyway, here are the pics
TorFro.jpg

TorSid.jpg

i am sorry to say that it does appear too large. did you custom scale it or did you use one the equations?

Skyman said:
i am sorry to say that it does appear too large. did you custom scale it or did you use one the equations?

Before I found the equations I did my best to "guesstimate" about how high it should be on my body/neck (the little stick up things on the sides go to about MC's chin) and how low it goes on his torso. I then applie those same approximations to my body and measured that with a tape measure then added a couple centimeters.

So short answer....custom and not equation lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look a bit big, just keep in mind that you will have shoulderpads rubbing against the torso a lot if it's not scaled properly.

wayyy too big. it's massive! lol
scaling has to be the most annoying part of making pep pieces...

Enrisan said:
wayyy too big. it's massive! lol
scaling has to be the most annoying part of making pep pieces...

For real man!! Even just doing stuff like making the tester size pieces is annoying....or at least that is my assumption. I've never made the tester pieces for anything. I dont want to waste the cardstock, glue, or time. Granted I just wasted cardstock on this one but still....

Hahaha! looks like the first torso I did... memories, memories. Don't sweat it too much scaling is really tough and it takes a while to get everything down to what it should be. Even the complete torso in my avatar shot is too big across the shoulders.

On the plus side - I think I'm gonna look super cool in my armor lol. I'm not like being all conceited or anything, but I think I have a decent build for it, or rather a decent frame since my build has a little bit of fat yet haha. Dontcha all think so :D

Adam said:
honestly, you're about twice as big as you should be.

^^^^What he said^^^^

That thing is huge. I personally dont mess with scale formulas or anything I just take a measuring tape with MM/CMs on it and run a tape and input that number. Anyway keep cracking at it, you will get it in the end and it will be worth all the little glue stick burns on your fingers, sticky forearms from resin, and paper cuts.

Just as the others said, way too big. We all know that scaling can be a pain in the neck... take what you learned from this and start anew. We all make mistakes on our first try. ;)

Well, if you could get it done by December 25th, and paint it red, you could be Santa Chief...

Wort Wort Wort Merry Chiefmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back