My unfolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonkiller77

I decided to just throw all my unfolds into one thread which I will update when I get done with something new. If you have a file that hasn't been unfolded I can give it a shot just suggest it. Ive started by doing the halo 4 files that haven't been unfolded yet.

(fare warning I am new to unfolding and the program so I tried my best if anything is wrong tell me or if you have any suggestions Id be glad to hear it)
Definitely RESCALE

Halo 4 Stalker

Chest:

http://www.4shared.com/file/PQuSFRPKba/Stalker_Chest_MALE__UF_Demonki.html

​Definitely RESCALE

stalker done.png

Shoulder:

http://www.4shared.com/file/2hCM11dkce/Stalker_Shoulder_MALE__Unfold_.html

shoulder.png

Infiltrator Halo 4

Helmet:

http://www.4shared.com/file/EENBftkEba/Infiltrator_Helmet__unfold_Dem.html

infil.png

stalker done.png

shoulder.png

infil.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work on the torso, I know those can be one of the more difficult and tedious parts to unfold. I like how you kept the front of the torso with the other parts instead of just throwing them on a page. If you want so advice Rhinoc gave me some over on my thread that helped me out tremendously and I hope it does with you.

(Conveniently quoted form my thread )
Hey your unfolds look really good, I have one or two tips to make em even better. Before you even start unfolding, right when you open the file, go settings -> other settings.
Near the bottom there should be a check box that says "Hide almost flat folding lines" check the box and set the threshold to about 155-160
This should get rid of every unnecessary fold line (the ones that just end up getting smoothed out later) and results in a much cleaner unfold and pep.

Also once you finish an unfold (or even half way through one) click 2D Menu -> Join Adjacent Edges, put the number that pops up to .60 for pep unfolds and 1.5 for foam unfolds

Changing the Threshold alone take away a bunch of lines to score and joining adjacent edges can help with closing useless gaps. Hope it helps!

Nice work on the torso, I know those can be one of the more difficult and tedious parts to unfold. I like how you kept the front of the torso with the other parts instead of just throwing them on a page. If you want so advice Rhinoc gave me some over on my thread that helped me out tremendously and I hope it does with you.

(Conveniently quoted form my thread )

Changing the Threshold alone take away a bunch of lines to score and joining adjacent edges can help with closing useless gaps. Hope it helps!

Thanks! That is really helpful! I'm also having an issue with scaling I was wondering if there is a generic scale size I could use for each piece like a helmet or chest piece. I also for the life of me can not figure out how to put the files in the archive. I see no upload button any where like I've seen on other people's posts.

Thanks! That is really helpful! I'm also having an issue with scaling I was wondering if there is a generic scale size I could use for each piece like a helmet or chest piece. I also for the life of me can not figure out how to put the files in the archive. I see no upload button any where like I've seen on other people's posts.

Personally I scale my helmets to about 300 and others generally higher. It depends on the part but you can always refrence another part by going into 2D menu--> Edit Mode --> Measure between two points and choose length, width, or depth, whichever you want. Well it may be an issue with permissions, to keep people from flooding the archive with useless or irrelevant things. If you ask Chernobyl she can give you access or assist you, she manages the archive.

Personally I scale my helmets to about 300 and others generally higher. It depends on the part but you can always refrence another part by going into 2D menu--> Edit Mode --> Measure between two points and choose length, width, or depth, whichever you want. Well it may be an issue with permissions, to keep people from flooding the archive with useless or irrelevant things. If you ask Chernobyl she can give you access or assist you, she manages the archive.

Yep, she does, and I've answered this question in-depth before several times. I've checked the Archive privileges for demonkiller77 on several occasions and I don't see any reason why that user should have any issues with uploading their content to the Archive. Any Validated member should have posting rights to the Archive - if they don't, then I can do the work for them.

Yep, she does, and I've answered this question in-depth before several times. I've checked the Archive privileges for demonkiller77 on several occasions and I don't see any reason why that user should have any issues with uploading their content to the Archive. Any Validated member should have posting rights to the Archive - if they don't, then I can do the work for them.

Thank you for the tips NoMaybeYes its all been really helpful. Its made my current scale easier to manage.

Chernobyl im really sorry to bother you with all this Im not trying to be a pain. But this is all I see when I go in to each file group and if I read you right the first time there should be a file upload button if it all works out right correct? or am i just an idiot that's missing something obvious

file archive.png

Chernobyl im really sorry to bother you with all this Im not trying to be a pain. But this is all I see when I go in to each file group and if I read you right the first time there should be a file upload button if it all works out right correct? or am i just an idiot that's missing something obvious

No, it's me, not you - I was looking at the issue under the impression that you were a full member, as opposed to a user in the New Recruit group. I'm the idiot.

The Archive doesn't allow for New Recruits uploading files - if that were the case, we'd be having members with only one post potentially flooding the Archive with duplicate or unwanted content. You'll pass through into the full-access member group when you've been here for 90 days and contributed over fifty posts - for you, that will be at the end of this month (May).

You have two choices: you can either wait out your time and upload the files when you become a Full Member, or I can upload the files for you now. Unfortunately, I can't make allowances for you uploading the files now, as things need to be kept the same across the board.

No, it's me, not you - I was looking at the issue under the impression that you were a full member, as opposed to a user in the New Recruit group. I'm the idiot.

The Archive doesn't allow for New Recruits uploading files - if that were the case, we'd be having members with only one post potentially flooding the Archive with duplicate or unwanted content. You'll pass through into the full-access member group when you've been here for 90 days and contributed over fifty posts - for you, that will be at the end of this month (May).

You have two choices: you can either wait out your time and upload the files when you become a Full Member, or I can upload the files for you now. Unfortunately, I can't make allowances for you uploading the files now, as things need to be kept the same across the board.

I can wait that is only a couple days. Thank you for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back