my winterised EOD combo (just started)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sany0166f.jpg

it was made in two days, the hardest part was cutting it all out. to all would be spartans, it dosent hurt if you have a few days left to just make a quick weapon. i didnt resin it and only put a few bracings inside it, so its flimsey, but im using it for show, im not going to sit on it. anyway. i found a tiny orch that dosent even register on my scales, so at least the light will work, and hopefuly you wont be so heavy handed with the brush.
i am actually stupid and cant hold a pen properly (or brush) so that why painting is crap

You kidding, that paintjob looks sweet! I would definitely go about strengthening that, 'cos it looks awesome and I know I'D feel terrible if one of my pieces like that broke!

thanks. the paint job was done using really cheap dpray, cheap masking tape, and like i say, it was a quick build and every spartan (or marine if thats what you like) should have one

as for a progress update its all a bit slow today. i was at uni for a long time (got stuck in a 45 min traffic jam) and it has been around -7C here all day, so even the heater in the garage will struggle. but some of my strapping has arrived, so im very happy.
i was also able to pop into the local garage/DIY store and buy all the resin, hardner, fibre glass AND gloves i could ever need, so no more problems of running out. i will probarbly crack on with some painting, and i might get a picture up or the torso.

I like the idea of using EVA foam for the inner thigh part of the thigh armor. Your AR is looking good too! Thanks for sharing your progress!

as i promised pics!!

the torso is in many sections, and here it is in its lovely paint scheme

sany0167.jpg

sany0168.jpg

here is a closeup of the number. i am and always will be 0235, forums email, accounts you name it i will be 0235, so the spartans never got up too 1000, so there was no need to put a 0 before the numbers, so here i am spartan "235" but i have scratched a 0 in place, similar to what emile did with his helm

sany0171n.jpg

well. torso is 100% woo. my first 100% and the entire leg asembly is to follow shortly, with both thights at 95% (just need to do the strapping) the right lowere leg also is 95%, with just the strapping to do, and the left lower leg just needs to have a few layers of paint. the pelvis is also fully GRP'd and just needs sanding and a bit of paint!! just the arms and helm to do (which have already been pepped and resin'd. im on a roll!)

sany0173t.jpg

sany0174.jpg

sany0175.jpg

mah lazor eyez is charjin!

Very nice, I really like the paint-job on both the armor and the assault rifle. The ushanka is just as awesome. для Матери России!

Coming along nicely. I really like the paint scheme. It's different than the usual green. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more.

thanks. im pleased that people like the paint sceme. quite alot of effort went into designing it, and i think it looks very nice.

hopefully i will have the legs (and possible the pelvis) done today. and if so, there will be pics.

sany01770.jpg

grr. paint takes too long to dry, so i was unable to complete the pelvis and other lower leg, but i have got all the rigging ready. i really like the paintjobs on the legs, and i cant wait to paint the pelvis.
when that is done i will be able to connect the legs and i will have a huge amount done. i cant wait

nice job. lol the 22nd is a special day for me. sad u wont be able to get the helmet done in time because EOD is pwnzr. and no. Hayabusa is epic.i love the paint job on the armor and the ar looks good also. like ur 0235 on everything, im 279 on everything.i like the idea of scratching in the 0.it gives the armor and the spartan charater. it makes him tough and beast. nice jjob

well. i might get the helm done ion time. i just remembered that i finish uni on the 17th, so i will have 3 extra days, so the helm is now likely.
its nice to have a number, especialy one that is personal, such as 0235 has been with me since i got my first computer log in (and that was the username)

though on a funny and bad note, the gass and electric person came along today, so i had to open the garage so he could look at the numbers, and he looked a little freaked when i was there trying on my half completed armour.
the bad news is that i sprayed the white a little too early, so some of the under coat on the pelvis and left leg has seeped through, but i sorted that out early, so that could be ready for this evenong to rig and paint.

woop woop!!!

1. this was shopped. i had to take it in 3 seperate pictures (thats why the torso is forked)
2. i can walk in it AND i can sit down!!!
3. here is the full sized image (its big ish)

aaasjopp.png

nice work man but a little bit of constructive critasism the codpiece(pelvis) looks a little large compare to your torso but nice job ne way man

actualy, the torso is too small. unfortunately, im really small, but i needed the width for the pelvis so that i could fit in it! so it ended up a bit over sized (my friend already said that im compensating)
i have modified it a bit now, so its not so, obtrusive

sorry if this is a bit of a bump but a quick update.
on wednesday i finish uni, which means i will have a whole week free to make armour BUT i have a really bad cold which means that curently progress will be very slow.
but for all you eod fans the helm is a go. its got its first coat of paint (and of course has been fibreglassed) so hopefuly on wednesday it will be completely sprayed, and i will have it in my room for the finishing touches, so that means that there are pics inevitable. in closer news, i have spent some time on the arms, and hopefuly tomorrow (GMT) there will be pics.

sany0186.jpg
well here it is XD

sany0186.jpg

what a poser
sany0185j.jpg

(he loves himself!!!)
sany0188j.jpg

just want to show this baby off
sany0190q.jpg

and to all you who though "that crotch is to big, i trimmed it (the cod piece, not myself silly!)
sany0191v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back