MythBusters Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

We should send in an idea to mythbusters to see if (whatever materials are used to make the armor in Fall of Reach) are able to withstand bullet piercing. If not they should see what materials or how many layers of fiberglass it would take to do that...

We could use Adam's Armor.... :D

:eek: I'm frightened... but could anyone tell me the materials from Fall of Reach so I could send in the idea? I don't have my book on me...

Ummm. costumes aren't supposed to be bulletproof.

If you're toying with the idea of making your costume armor 'ballistics-grade' you just crossed over into weapons development territory..

There are authorities that would prefer you didn't do that.. and this is a public forum..

Oh, hehe, well I mean, to see if it is actually possibile to one day have some type of armor for soldiers that would work like MJOLNIR armor. Besides the point of it making you physically enhanced.

im not sure, but im guessing that :

A: Its not a myth..so there not going to test it..
B: There are alot of thing that can take on one or more bullets like dragon skin...

Last edited by a moderator:
Keegan said:
We should send in an idea to mythbusters to see if (whatever materials are used to make the armor in Fall of Reach) are able to withstand bullet piercing. If not they should see what materials or how many layers of fiberglass it would take to do that...
Adam's armor isnt bullet proof at all, plastic is too soft, if the suit were made of steel, it would be bullet proof to some guns, but I really doubt spartan suits would be bullet proof on a gun like a sniper or a pistol.

I laughed so hard every time the guy went "It's over... It's done." That guy tries to sound so intense it's funny. That's really cool. I'm going into the reserves and I'm hoping to pick some of this stuff up sometime soon. btw has anyone heard of tungsten carbide? Do some research and tell me if this stuff can withstand bullets.

Keegan said:

Late WWII and Korean war 'Flack Vests' used multiple layers of fiberglass to stop bullets and fragments. The layers were built up in plates then overlaped in a style called 'Lamalar', which was based on the old Roman laminated armor. It took an inch or more to stop rifle bullets and all that 'glass weighed quite a bit, more than modern armor even with the level 4 strike plates included, too heavy for costuming.

Keegan said:
Its a frag! Jump on it! :D

and AoB I mean we could reinforce it.
You can reinforce anything to make it bullet proof, even a plastic mickey mouse statue at disney land, layer it inside with steel and it would be bullet proof.

Keegan said:
So we could reinforce Adam's armor to make it bulletproof... shweet
All you have to do is add 20lbs of Spectraweave kevlar and lvl 4 ceramic composite trauma plate and it'll stop anything up to .50 cal and may stop that, once, but then you'd still have to deal with the hefty kenetic energy transfer of a 12.5 mm slug moving around twice the speed of sound.

You'd die of a heart attack or heart failure with such an impact. So you wont be bullet proof even if you are bullet proof.

theres a wonderful thing called steel. anodized aluminum is 2.5 times stronger then steel and a fraction of the weight. Take a dimond weave kevlar shock absorbing layer and samwich it between anodized aluminum and high impact ceramic and then mabey you could survive a gunshot but plasma... forget it your dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back