Status
Not open for further replies.
four coats of paint later

_DSC7293.jpg

_DSC7291.jpg

_DSC7294.jpg

samll update: helmet is all masked up ready for paint

_DSC7298.jpg

first coat of silver goes down (I will then spray the blue over it and sand down the weathering to bring out the silver later)

_DSC7299.jpg

i do plan on weathering it. I'm sanding down the blue paint when it goes on rather than painting the weathering on. looks more realistinc

nice. i have started to build some reach/carter armor but i dont have any resin or stuff like that so ill have to wait until i get some.. anyway, XD it looks really good! cater is my favorite dude in reach

Just pulled off the masking tape to reveal the blackness that lies beneath! a little of the top coats leaked through so I will need to retouch that but besides that...

_DSC7302.jpg

_DSC7304.jpg

_DSC7306.jpg

_DSC7305.jpg

Waaah! This is looking great! I'm also building this helmet for myself so this just excites me greatly. :D

Hey man great build! This reminds me too much that I need to get started on my helmet. Speaking of which, I don't know if anyone has seen the two best helmet files going around (ruze's and a1td's) But which one do you think I should use? Most people I've seen have used a1td's, like Sep has done so well here, but I just have a nagging to do ruze's. Any imput?

do ruzes, trust me this one had a lot of innacuracies in it. Ruze's is closer to what the actual helmet looks like.
Next update: Close up of battle damage:
_DSC7404.jpg

_DSC7401.jpg

_DSC7400.jpg

_DSC7397.jpg

_DSC7395.jpg

_DSC7389.jpg

The battle damage looks great on your helmet! What did you use for the scrapes and scratches? Keep up the great work. :)

-Tim

just went at it with a wire brush. a mangled one that is, one with heaps of short bristles that make the huge gouges. The helmet was undercoated silver to achieve the look of steel under paint.

Your Helmet looks fantastic, I like the way you did your battle damage. Im going to be doing something similar on my MK6. I dont know if anyone answered your question about how to secure your padding, but im going to use industrial strength velcro. I got a box of it at lowes and theres enough there to do 6 halmets lol

Looks awesome! I really like the technique you used for your battle damage. I'll have to save that tip for my stuff. Keep up the good work.

oh sweet!!!! that's a great idea! i don't know why i didn't think of it! Thanks!
Another little update, just a little touch up painting

_DSC7408.jpg

_DSC7410.jpg

_DSC7414.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back