N8TEBB's Mk 7 Build!!!!!

DEPLOYMENT
This is the most accurate suit I've made, so I decided I wanted to try my hand at going for that tier 3. I had to make some modifications first though. First, I have a camera that sits in the middle of the chest piece. This had to be covered up and replaced with the proper details. I cut out the details out of 4mm foam and glued it over top of the hold where the camera sits. I didn't do a very good job covering over the new paint in that last photo, but I went back and redid before I took deployment photos. The trick is to allow the spray paint feather the new area instead of having a harsh line.

20240111_011849787_iOS.jpg20240111_011857453_iOS.jpg20240111_011904208_iOS.jpg20240112_230242108_iOS.jpg20240116_211825589_iOS.jpg20240116_232745728_iOS.jpg
The right shoulder is yellow in the game. So let's repaint that.

20240111_014704629_iOS.jpg20240112_012055903_iOS.jpg20240112_012551921_iOS.jpg20240112_231044087_iOS.jpg20240116_212738226_iOS.jpg20240116_232830812_iOS.jpg
Thighs need a bit of a re-paint.

20240112_012617049_iOS.jpg20240112_014740386_iOS.jpg20240113_142950539_iOS.jpg

I added the red dots to either side of the helmet. These are just vinyl stickers.

20240116_000449188_iOS.jpg20240116_000607838_iOS.jpg

A bit of orange had to be added to the cod piece

20240116_211540484_iOS.jpg

I added these grey areas on the back of the suit. The plan is to add vent stickers to them, but I forgot to do that before deployment.

20240112_010805868_iOS.jpg
After all that was done... here are the deployment photos that I submitted!

front A.JPGfront T.JPGleft A.JPGleft T.JPGback A.JPGback T.JPGright A.JPGright T.JPG

Ladies and gentlemen... may I present to you... N8TEBB's TIER 3!!! AAAAAAA I'M SO HAPPY!!!!
1709556709891.png

Below are some of my favourite photos of the suit! These were taken before the extra modifications I made, but they are still KILLER photos.

Thank you to the deployment team for all of you hard work and dedication to the deployment program on the 405th. I'm so grateful to be a part of this community, to be able to meet such fantastic people, and to learn from so many talented folks on these forums. You all have really made a fantastic impact on my life. The fact that 4 years ago I had never even used an xbox controller, nor played any sort of first person shooter absolutely astounds me. I played halo for the first time in March of 2020. I fell in love with the games and played all of them by July. I found the 405th, and all of the awesome costumes you guys make. The rest is history. You all have been nothing but the most supportive, the most friendly, the most helpful friends that I could have ever asked for. Thank you all.

For those wondering about the significance of the 410:
"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor." James 4:10
I've been considering naming my character. I really like the names James, and seeing as It's my middle name, I think it's fitting. The number is not read 4-1-0, rather 4-10. I am reminded of this verse when I think of the 405th. Because I joined knowing nothing. I came with no knowledge, asked many many questions, learning from the best of the best. You all lifted me up in a sense- look what I was able to create with the help of all of you! It is an encouragement to me to know that in the same way, when I approach the Lord, He will lift me up all the more. Truly, I thank God for you guys. With all that sentimental stuff out of the way, I am pleased to introduce you to my character- James 410

IMG_8840.JPGIMG_8833.JPGIMG_8847.JPG9-Halo Shoot Oct 28 hi res-9.jpg23-Halo Shoot Oct 28 hi res-23.jpg25-Halo Shoot Oct 28 hi res-25.jpg116-Halo Shoot Oct 28 hi res-116.jpg163-Halo Shoot Oct 28 hi res-163.jpg
Photos by foam_smith and chell.creates.media on insta

Last edited:
TIER 3 LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!!

Fantastic job on your suit Nate!

Huge congrats on the T3. Well deserved.
To echo Fallen, well deserved my friend.
Great Job, well deserved tier 3 suit looks amazing!!
amazing! insanely well made and the t3 is well deserved! great job : )
I can't wait to see this suit in person!
Fantastic job on your suit Nate!
Great job! Congratulations on your Tier 3 Nate!!!!!!!!! ✨✨✨
Congrats man! You earned it!

1709611636966.png
@York D029
1709611650877.png
@SabreTaser
1709611587180.png
@blafftat
1709611598925.png
@Schankerz
1709611610269.png
@Rock Lobbster
1709611621812.png
@alcyonsa
1709611688677.png
@KaeSpoon
1709611701630.png
@ItsRaven
1709611712471.png
@SigmaProps
1709611722222.png
@KitKatGoose
1709611731213.png
@ThatHaloFan2024
1709611741493.png
@UltimateSpartan
1709611771254.png
@Pixelcube

Thank you all so so much for your support and encouragement! All your congratulations mean so much to me! I am so glad that I can be a part of this fabulous and wonderful community. Thank you all for kindly supporting me throughout this project, and in all my future endeavors. I hope I am able to call on you guys when folks ask question on the forums I don't know the answers to. I hope we can all continue to teach each other and learn from each other. I hope to be able to meet you all at a convention sometime and take a picture together. You are all legends! Thank you for celebrating with me achieving the goal of tier 3 I set out to get way back in May of last year. I hope the things I learned while making this suit I can pass down to the next generation of newbies on the forums with the help of all of you.

DEPLOYMENT
This is the most accurate suit I've made, so I decided I wanted to try my hand at going for that tier 3. I had to make some modifications first though. First, I have a camera that sits in the middle of the chest piece. This had to be covered up and replaced with the proper details. I cut out the details out of 4mm foam and glued it over top of the hold where the camera sits. I didn't do a very good job covering over the new paint in that last photo, but I went back and redid before I took deployment photos. The trick is to allow the spray paint feather the new area instead of having a harsh line.

The right shoulder is yellow in the game. So let's repaint that.

Thighs need a bit of a re-paint.

I added the red dots to either side of the helmet. These are just vinyl stickers.

A bit of orange had to be added to the cod piece

I added these grey areas on the back of the suit. The plan is to add vent stickers to them, but I forgot to do that before deployment.

After all that was done... here are the deployment photos that I submitted!

Ladies and gentlemen... may I present to you... N8TEBB's TIER 3!!! AAAAAAA I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

Below are some of my favourite photos of the suit! These were taken before the extra modifications I made, but they are still KILLER photos.

Thank you to the deployment team for all of you hard work and dedication to the deployment program on the 405th. I'm so grateful to be a part of this community, to be able to meet such fantastic people, and to learn from so many talented folks on these forums. You all have really made a fantastic impact on my life. The fact that 4 years ago I had never even used an xbox controller, nor played any sort of first person shooter absolutely astounds me. I played halo for the first time in March of 2020. I fell in love with the games and played all of them by July. I found the 405th, and all of the awesome costumes you guys make. The rest is history. You all have been nothing but the most supportive, the most friendly, the most helpful friends that I could have ever asked for. Thank you all.

For those wondering about the significance of the 410:
"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor." James 4:10
I've been considering naming my character. I really like the names James, and seeing as It's my middle name, I think it's fitting. The number is not read 4-1-0, rather 4-10. I am reminded of this verse when I think of the 405th. Because I joined knowing nothing. I came with no knowledge, asked many many questions, learning from the best of the best. You all lifted me up in a sense- look what I was able to create with the help of all of you! It is an encouragement to me to know that in the same way, when I approach the Lord, He will lift me up all the more. Truly, I thank God for you guys. With all that sentimental stuff out of the way, I am pleased to introduce you to my character- James 410

Congrats on the tier 3 i have mine all printed up and framed in my shop. i think i might try a mark VII in the future.

Electronics Update

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my electronics for the helmet. I want to add a couple of fans so make sure that my visor stays clear, I want to upgrade to a wireless mic, and I want everything to be powered from the same battery. Here is the plan:

1709909996434.png

Everything is powered from a 5V battery bank. I opened up a USB cord to get power. Two fans are wired up with a very dimly lit indicator LED. I opened up the transmitter of my new wireless mic system from amazon and powered it directly with the 5V. The battery in the transmitter is 3.7V, but when I took it out and I only provided 3.7V it insisted the battery was dead on it's indicator. I continued to add voltage to give it full power, and it was able to take the full 5V. The hearing assist system requires a voltage regulator. You could use resistors, but I found it wasn't providing a consistent voltage. A voltage regulator gives me a consistent 3V. Before I dismantled everything, the hearing assist system was powered with two AAA batteries, which is why I know to give it 3V.

You may notice there's only one switch for the fans. The other items (mic and hearing assist system) already have power switches on them, so I don't need to add my own. I wired everything up on a breadboard to make sure it works, and I'm currently in the process of soldering the circuit together to put it in my helmet.

Of course if you see any problem with this circuit please let me know. JTF4 I know you do a lot of work with this sort of stuff. Any suggestions?

Make sure you test out the Mic / Transmitter in this setup. I've heard that having the fans and lights on the same circuit can introduce "noise" into the transmitter.

Make sure you test out the Mic / Transmitter in this setup. I've heard that having the fans and lights on the same circuit can introduce "noise" into the transmitter.
I’ll need to do a bit longer of a write up if it’s an issue, but you can use one or two capacitors to setup a filter for the circuit.

So the transmitter worked fine, but the headphones ended up having a lot of noise. Initially I gave it 3.5V and it was noisy, but i reduced the voltage to 3V and it's crystal clear now. Funny, when I had it at 3.5V, the helmet hearing system turned in to a radio somehow, and I could hear a baseball game faintly. Note that there is no receiver in those headphones. I'd still like to know about those capacitors you mention JT

I just finally found this build thread the other day after watching your youtube video and you've done such a great job, you should be so proud!! It's a huge endeavor to make a build this good, and you freaking documented it and got it done crazy fast! That's so much work, and it seems like you kept such a positive attitude during the whole thing. I think your work and your attitude are and will continue to be a huge inspiration in this community, I wouldn't hesitate to send someone to your video and thread if they asked me how to get started here! Congrats again on Tier 3!

I just finally found this build thread the other day after watching your youtube video and you've done such a great job, you should be so proud!! It's a huge endeavor to make a build this good, and you freaking documented it and got it done crazy fast! That's so much work, and it seems like you kept such a positive attitude during the whole thing. I think your work and your attitude are and will continue to be a huge inspiration in this community, I wouldn't hesitate to send someone to your video and thread if they asked me how to get started here! Congrats again on Tier 3!
Thank you so much for you kind words!! I hope you know that your build was an inspiration to me. Wayyy back in the first post you can see that I linked your thread because I was taking notes from your build- your foam work and your super impressive under suit were the things I really wanted to shoot for. I'm still learning and am certainly not at the level you're at, but you're given me something to shoot for. Thank you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back