Nathan Fillion Got To Play With A Weta Sniper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

Nathan_Fillion_Scoped.jpg

Can anyone tell if this is real or fake? It looks like Weta's, so it could quite possibly be real, but the problem is is that why the heck would he be holding it in the first place?

Did Weta cast him during the short?

Or is he a prospect for the Halo movie?

Any ideas?

yup odst voice actor... dont ask me i saw it in an interveiw with him on somewebsite and odst things. google it!

oh and yes that is a weta prop that is sitting in bungie aswell as many other props.

he's not just the voice actor, they generated his face into the game, so it's Nathan playing as one of the ODST troopers (forgot who) check it out on the latest update to Bungie.net

He was in the original Halo 3 as well so... That picture really could've been taken anytime between then and now. :/

There's a lot of Firefly actors throughout the third game. He just happened to go over to Bungie studios and got to play with the Weta stuff Bungie had.

Lucky!!!

I wanted to play with the SR.

Heh in that pic I bet he's thinking, "Just a little bit more to the left...BOOM!!!.*yelling* That oughta teach ya not to steal my parking spot. Now, where is that guy in charge of voice acting going to get here, he should have been here by now?"

-Pony

Yeah the firefly guys did the voices of some marines in halo 3, the most noticeable line in H3 from him was "i only had 2 payments left on that thing!" when a hog gets destroyed.

Go listen to the Bungie Day podcast... Long interview with Nathan Fillion while he was visiting Bungie for work on ODST.

He does the voice acting for Buck, some of the other Firefly actors are in ODST too, I believe. He played some Firefight with the Bungie crew, chatted about getting flaming Recon, etc. No discussion of the Weta props though.

It's a good podcast, one of their best I'd say . Give it a listen.

"Bam!, said the lady" ;)

Edit:

Here's a MSN video of him chatting about his voice work for ODST, it's new, as in today:

http://kotaku.com/5311166/serenitys-nathan-fillion-talks-about-his-halo-work

Ooh, neat video.

I just saw that Adam Baldwin aka Jayne aka Animal Mother is Dutch. That's pretty cool. :cool I remember he had some bits in Halo 3 like Nathan Fillion did.

And Alan Tudyk aka Wash might be Mickey. Again, another Halo3 voice-over vet.

Good stuff!

That is AWESOME!

My other half- Linda -and I actually got together through a Serenity (the film set after Firefly) forum. Nathan was at a smal scale Firefly con in Australia last year which we couldn't get to. But, Linda asked a friend to get an autograph and throw down a challenge to Nathan to battle her online on Halo 3. Here's what the autograph says-

"The Lindanator!

I'm a Colnol, 2nd grade, level 45.

You wouldn't stand a chance.

Nat Fin"

She is going to be wrapped when she finds this out. :D

That is badass! Nathan has got to be one of the coolest actors, and luckiest for that matter.

If he, Jayne and Wash are gonna be in ODST, that would make me one VERY happy FireFly/Halo fan. :D

@juliet76: :lol

The sniper looks so sick. Isn't that the guy on the new cop drama style show where he's a writer working with another police officer?

thehalogod said:
The sniper looks so sick. Isn't that the guy on the new cop drama style show where he's a writer working with another police officer?

Yup. The show is called "Castle". He plays the writer Richard Castle. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back