Need help looking for a bigger printer, any suggestions?

Legend 113

Member DIN
S331
As the title says I'm looking in to getting a new, bigger printer somewhere down the line. I have an ender 3 v2 that works awesome but would really like to eventually do a full printed suit and I don't think it's quite cut out for that. I saw nerd forge's rakasha suit and thought that it'd be a great first suit to print and I love the stripped down look of rakasha. Was thinking along the lines of keeping to Ender as I'm comfortable with their OS, but pretty much anything with a 300 x 300 or bigger is what I'm really looking for. And I can teach myself how to work with other printer types any way if that ends up being cheaper. So pls if u have any suggestions, tips, pros, cons, etc. about big printers let me know. Plus this is a future project idea so I'm happy wait till the time is right to buy the right printer.

I can't speak from personal experience, but as far as big printers go at a decent price, definitely consider the Anycubic Kobra Max. Build volume is ridiculous at 450x400x400, you can basically print anything in a single go. It's not fast, but has auto leveling so that gets rid of a lot of headache right there. And at least personally, I wish I had gone for something like the Max instead of my Super Racer. It's fast, but I end up having to do a lot of cutting up of pieces and it's just more annoying. With the post processing and assembling, I'm probably not saving that much time versus just printing things in a single go. Just be sure you have the space for it, it's absolutely gigantic and is a bed slinger so your Y clearance is going to be larger too.

Upvote 0
When you say OS, do you mean the printer firmware or the slicer? If it's the slicer, Creality's software is actually based off of Cura, which I believe has more features, and probably also plugins which may not be available for the Creality version (think of it as a "lite" version that's restricted to what printers it is, by default, compatible with).

In terms of sticking with Creality printers though; there's the big cube, the Ender 5, as well as the CR10 series (I have the CR10s).

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I'll look into that Kobra max and I did mean the software mostly so thanks for that info PlanetAlexander Also any comments on the elegoo neptune 3 max? I saw the 430x 430 x 500 bed and couldn't resist looking up the specs to compare it to the Kobra max. Not sure if it's as good though will do more research on it.

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back