Need Help with Bioshock Audio Diary Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddychan

Hey fellow 405th'ers,

I saw this comic a while ago, and I thought since Im making a subject delta costume, why dont I make the Accu-vox that is in this comic so I can listen to an ipod or whatnot at con's

243597543c11815bi2nfe5163834.jpg

the only problem, is that whoever makes the models for 2K, likes to combine many shapes instead of making one big solid piece. I need someones help to either learn how to, or have someone, take the model, and fix it so it can be unfolded. If anyone wants to teach me, I have Solidworks, Milkshape, Meshlab, and Pepakura already. Thanks in advance to any takers.

Accu-Vox.obj

Accu-vox.png

Noone willing to teach me some new things or give tips? Any help is appreciated, and I REALLY want my own Bioshock style MP3 player!

i really like your work so ill unfold it!! also i love bioshock

also i hear your good at slicing.... could you help the community out by slicing the reach assault rifle
preferably the one from the end f the 2nd post here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread

i hope to hear from you soon

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I hope you understand that this model is like 10 objects all inside of each other... I was hoping someone could make it all one solid shape so that it could be unfolded, since I'm kinda lost. If you want to unfold it after someone fixes it though, be my guest, and it would be much appreciated.

and currently, Im working on my subject delta costume over the weekend, and then I have work, but if I think about it and have some free time, Ill see if I can slice that AR.

to tell you the truth, if someone could fix this model, and also unfold it for me, so it was all ready to go, I probbably wouldnt have a problem slicing that AR.

send me the file, i can fix it

Edit 1: nvr mind didnt see the link...

sorry for the slight necro

Edit 2: OK could you send them all separate? that is the only way i can fix it

Done, all one solid object now

http://www.4shared.com/file/yYUwbPzk/Audio_diary.html

There you go!

THANKS RHINOC!! this is exactly what I needed to be fixed, and you have just made my day a hell of a lot better, as have other people. Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to make it all one solid object? It would be nice to know if I'm ever faced with this problem again... Now all I have to decide, is wither to slice it, or unfold it...

and if anyone feels like unfolding it, THIS FILE is the one to be unfolded.

I duplicated the thing about 9-10 times and just deleted everything but one part for each, then put it back together, then used the boolean tool to merge them together one at a time, adjusted the verts to keep it pepable, and exported it!! That is all!

I duplicated the thing about 9-10 times and just deleted everything but one part for each, then put it back together, then used the boolean tool to merge them together one at a time, adjusted the verts to keep it pepable, and exported it!! That is all!

what program did you use? I thought it was a boolean I had to use, but I had no idea what I was doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back