Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagex117

Jr Member
I thin maybe you guy will know about this. When I grow up, I want to be a LEGO designer. I studying in High School 10th right now. I want to know what I need to major in in collage?

a lego designer...... umm.... heres their jobs page... http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=vacancies umm.... love what you do.. have a different perspective of things... i dont really know what to tell you their... lego hasnt changed much. just the way the peices are put together has. so yea. uni or college might not help you at all. i dont know what else to tell you that could n anyway help.

I think maybe courses in Art and Design would be pretty helpful to you, I'm studying Art and it gives you a pretty broad range of artistic media to work with, so you could use Lego as a base for any projects you have to do!

You could even try studying Graphics, because I guess the whole idea of Lego is precision and design, so the graphical drawing element in Graphics might be useful too! Then there's Maths, which might be helpful (Maths is a really good subject to take for any job!)

I think whatever you choose to study, you gotta make sure you pick something you enjoy - you don't wanna be studying a subject that bores you to death, 'cause you won't have any motivation! Just have a good look around at courses availible to ya, and I'm sure it'll all work out! :]

Just remember that set designers at LEGO aren't all fun and games, there is a lot of work put into each set that most people don't know about. Your best bet is to start out by researching the job, it's requirements, and get as much info as you can about it. After that, think of what courses in high school and college would best prepare you to take on that job while still being flexible enough to provide alternatives if you get turned down. LEGO has been losing sales recently from what I've heard, so they might be cutting off jobs instead of creating them, so be ready for anything.

Always take courses that will provide backup employment unless the field you're entering is in high demand, i.e. health care or engineering. I have no clue what courses would be best, but anything having to do with art and graphics design would definitely help. But make sure you know what the occupation is like to the letter before making course choices, as it can end up wasting a considerable amount of time if you change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back