Need more help -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo520

Ok people say to use pepakura and cardstock after i already used cardboard so now i have to switch. After i get the cardstock put together should i put the on the resin then the fiberglass over the resin before i paint it? This is only for the helmet not for the rest of the body or weapons. Please answer my question. o_O :eek:

koobs said:
Just resin the outside and then fiberglass the inside.

Also, read the stickies!
Ok thats like the first answer I got that I understand, thanks. So I use a hot glue gun to put the fiberglass sheets on the inside and paint after i got the resin+liquid hardener on the outside?

Last edited by a moderator:
Resin outside, let it dry
Resin inside, let it dry
elmers glue fiberglass peices into the helmet (INSIDE ONLY)
let it dry
glob resin over the fiberglass UNTIL you cant see the silver glass, you want the glass to soak in the resin.
Let it dry
Sand outside and smoothen out angular areas
Paint

AoBfrost said:
Resin outside, let it dry
Resin inside, let it dry
elmers glue fiberglass peices into the helmet (INSIDE ONLY)
let it dry
glob resin over the fiberglass UNTIL you cant see the silver glass, you want the glass to soak in the resin.
Let it dry
Sand outside and smoothen out angular areas
Paint
thanks, but won't the large amount of resin inside covering the fiberglass like droop to the bottom or something? And if it does you have any tips on how to stop that?

Do it in sections and hold the helmet so that the section that your currently doing is pointing down so the resin collects there. Let the sections not be runny before you go to the next. And use Bondo to smooth it out after you fiberglass. But you'll have to sand anyway.

Master Chef said:
Do it in sections and hold the helmet so that the section that your currently doing is pointing down so the resin collects there. Let the sections not be runny before you go to the next. And use Bondo to smooth it out after you fiberglass. But you'll have to sand anyway.
Do I really have to use Bondo? What does it do and how do I use Bondo if I really do need it?

Bondo is awesome as a hole filler/shaper its very pliable and dries quickly.Just try not to cake it on. You will have to sand no matter what but bondo will give you a nice surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back