Need Options For A Costume Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

vert marine752

ok i am willing to spend as much time as possible on any costume idea you can come up with so please put up as many ideas as you can and when you post that idea give a template picture as well so if i choose yours i have a rough scaling file to work off

it would be much appreciated if the replies are fast

There's really no choice. Only Voltron will do. :eek

voltron-movie-giant-lion-robot.jpg

More seriously though, I would go with the Mk VI. The fact that it has been done the most means you will have the largest wealth of knowledge to draw from. The more unique your project is, the more time and money you will spend trying to figure out things few, or no, people have done before.

Nah, not ODST. It's what everyone is doing.

Problem is I started a while ago, before its popularity. :p

I suggest doing something that not many people do. Maybe a EOD or Rogue variant.

Good luck, for whatever you choose! :D

I assume you mean a Halo related costume?

I would suggest a Marine pilot from Halo 3, the costume looks really nice and has much more comfort

over Spartan armor etc if your intending to take it out somewhere.

EDIT*** You could make a normal marine for the base and make a ODST chestplate untop of the marine one. That's what the chestplate looks like in the picture :p

Here is a picture:

Pilot_With_Hornet.jpg

Kodorei said:
Well then... It's definately Voltron.

lmao wats with voltron XD i was kinda thinking a big daddy suit from bioshock but need more ideas to be certain

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesomeness said:
There's really no choice. Only Voltron will do. :eek

voltron-movie-giant-lion-robot.jpg

More seriously though, I would go with the Mk VI. The fact that it has been done the most means you will have the largest wealth of knowledge to draw from. The more unique your project is, the more time and money you will spend trying to figure out things few, or no, people have done before.

i don't want to do something everyone else has done i want to do something completely out of the ordinary and to everyone's relief i am thinking about voltron and i already have full mk6 so just want more ideas and if i stop getting ill just give my decision in last post and ill be sure to do progress pics on my costume if i figure out wat to do

Vert Marine 752 said:
lmao wats with voltron XD

It's basically a nostalgia thing. If you don't understand why Voltron would be epic win, it might be because of your age/generation. I'm 29, and when I was a kid, Voltron and Transformers were the absolutely most kickass thing on the planet. My brother is 5 years younger than me, and doesn't like those, but instead remembers how awesome Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles were [when he was little]. I'm not sure what the coolest thing around was when you, a 15 year old, was young. So what was cool in like 2000-2005?

If you did make a Voltron costume though, it's definately something I haven't seen done, and you'd be a hero to people my age. :D

Awesomeness said:
It's basically a nostalgia thing. If you don't understand why Voltron would be epic win, it might be because of your age/generation. I'm 29, and when I was a kid, Voltron and Transformers were the absolutely most kickass thing on the planet. My brother is 5 years younger than me, and doesn't like those, but instead remembers how awesome Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles were [when he was little]. I'm not sure what the coolest thing around was when you, a 15 year old, was young. So what was cool in like 2000-2005?

If you did make a Voltron costume though, it's definately something I haven't seen done, and you'd be a hero to people my age. :D

basically transformers has always been around and i might get on the voltron costume

gotta think about what im going to use to make it though and scaling properly :/

if you could find any good template pics i could work off for scaling that would be 'awesome'

Stilgar Hammer said:
Hello All,

How about Soaron, the Sky Sentry, a biodredd from the TV show "Captain power and the solders of the future"

soaron2.jpg

soaron

more info

Never seen a live one anywhere :lol

Stilgar

lol never heard of it and it wud prolly be impossible to find a good ref pic for the full suit

Iren00 i have seen alot of people make it and i want to make something no1 has seen before so voltron would actually be a really good choice

and one other thing should it be an actual transformer like the original 80's ones or still voltron

i suggest a transformers costume namely bumblebee with fully transformable parts... a costume that can transform into a camaro..lols.. very nice.. :cool

that would be kick a$$!!

ive seen one on youtube... but the face is not exactly the same as for the movie built... i think he took the voice changer optimus prime helmet and painted it to become yellow...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1HWqbOSJLo[/media]

you might wanna try an accurate bumblebee costume that can fully transform base on human schematics. oh, did i mention a real wheel? lols, so that you can just cruise downhill... just an idea though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back