Building my first costume

Coyote505

Jr Member
Seeing as this is my first post, I suppose I'll start with a brief introduction of myself. Anyways, online I typically go by the name of Coyote, a nickname given to me by a coworker since I apparently remind him of one. I'm an active-duty infantry guy who also just happens to be a massive nerd when it comes to topics like Halo or Star Wars.

On to the reason I'm making this post in the first place, I'd like to ask for costuming suggestions and advice. I was looking at doing a custom ODST armor set. The armor pieces themselves isn't too much of a concern for me, as Alpha was gracious enough to point me in the direction of Sean Bradley Studios when I met him at Duke City Comic-Con a couple months ago. What I wanted to ask was about was what some of you current ODST guys ended up doing for the under suit. Did ya'll end up doing jumpsuits, or a separate shirt and pants type thing? I was considering buying one of the knockoff Crye Precision combat tops, but I'm still at a loss for the pants. Any help would be appreciated, whether it's on this topic, or any other advice for being in the 405th!

Welcome! I had just ordered a Sean Bradley kit myself last week and I'm eager for that project to kickoff. I do however have a ODST like getup that I purchased years ago and I found the Emerson multicam black uniform set from Evike went well with it.

Evike link : Emerson Combat Uniform Set (Color: Multicam Black / Medium)

Attached is an image of my setup with the set.

There are plastic caps held by sewn on fabric with velcro while also being tucked in the fabric at the elbows and knees. The multicam material feels durable and has a more breathable material (solid black) in certain parts such as the thighs, back, or torso. Once again I am yet to try with the Sean Bradley kit but it will be my first choice to try.

Good luck!
-Parzival

Attachments

• ODST.png
    ODST.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 68
Welcome! I had just ordered a Sean Bradley kit myself last week and I'm eager for that project to kickoff. I do however have a ODST like getup that I purchased years ago and I found the Emerson multicam black uniform set from Evike went well with it.

Evike link : Emerson Combat Uniform Set (Color: Multicam Black / Medium)

Attached is an image of my setup with the set.

There are plastic caps held by sewn on fabric with velcro while also being tucked in the fabric at the elbows and knees. The multicam material feels durable and has a more breathable material (solid black) in certain parts such as the thighs, back, or torso. Once again I am yet to try with the Sean Bradley kit but it will be my first choice to try.

Good luck!
-Parzival
Thanks dawg! Let me know how that Sean Bradley kit works out for you!

I used BDU pants from my local surplus store and a combat shirt off of amazon. works great with the ODST aesthetic. im on the right of this picture. pretty sure indigoD0g and her boy cobalt use the same undersuit. or at least cobalt on the left does.
I used snap fasteners on the armor and on my undersuit to attach armor pieces. you can see one of the fasteners on my left arm (that was there for a different cosplay which is why its out lol)
PXL_20220323_235623125.jpg

Seeing as this is my first post, I suppose I'll start with a brief introduction of myself. Anyways, online I typically go by the name of Coyote, a nickname given to me by a coworker since I apparently remind him of one. I'm an active-duty infantry guy who also just happens to be a massive nerd when it comes to topics like Halo or Star Wars.

On to the reason I'm making this post in the first place, I'd like to ask for costuming suggestions and advice. I was looking at doing a custom ODST armor set. The armor pieces themselves isn't too much of a concern for me, as Alpha was gracious enough to point me in the direction of Sean Bradley Studios when I met him at Duke City Comic-Con a couple months ago. What I wanted to ask was about was what some of you current ODST guys ended up doing for the under suit. Did ya'll end up doing jumpsuits, or a separate shirt and pants type thing? I was considering buying one of the knockoff Crye Precision combat tops, but I'm still at a loss for the pants. Any help would be appreciated, whether it's on this topic, or any other advice for being in the 405th!
Yeah any combat shirts work, for my pants I just did some pants I found at the store that had some extra techy looking details and it looked okay BDU pants would be even better but i went the cheaper route .Hope this helps !

i found the black camo set for 99.00 here is the link for it..

i found the black camo set for 99.00 here is the link for it..
Sick, appreciate it man

I used BDU pants from my local surplus store and a combat shirt off of amazon. works great with the ODST aesthetic. im on the right of this picture. pretty sure indigoD0g and her boy cobalt use the same undersuit. or at least cobalt on the left does.
I used snap fasteners on the armor and on my undersuit to attach armor pieces. you can see one of the fasteners on my left arm (that was there for a different cosplay which is why its out lol)
View attachment 334576
You know, I never even considered the attachment of the armor pieces. I'll have to look into it more.

View attachment 334576
You got that right, he4thbar, we use the surplus bdu's / shirts with the velcro patches. Very durable

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back