Need Real Help With My First EVA ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuxedo Mask

Hello world, I'm new to the forums and the idea of cosplay in general but I've always been really interested. Now that I have time and resources I want to start building a Halo 2 Odst build from eva foam. I've gathered all of my materials and watched all of DFT's videos and I am having an incredibly difficult time putting it all together. I can't quite wrap my head around how I'm suppose to scale my armor to myself and how to just make it all come together. I know people probably hear these same questions over and over but I can't find any resources anywhere. Anyone who is willing to help me get started would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Needs Rel Help With My First EVA ODST Build

This is the only thing that I have a hard part with as well. There is a scaling thread, but I find it hard to use.....I've been told I over think the simple things

Re: Needs Rel Help With My First EVA ODST Build

Same here, and I've tried to do it but I feel like I'm just wasting foam

Re: Needs Real Help With My First EVA ODST Build

One thing you can do is buy poster-board(basically big sheets of cardstock) and draw your templates on that, cut them out and put them on your body to make sure they are the right size. Then once its the correct size just trace the poster-board templates onto your foam. This is much cheaper than using the foam to do scaling.

Re: Needs Real Help With My First EVA ODST Build

It's not as much of fitting to myself as it is trying to use references to scale how they should look proportionally.

What I did after printing out DFT's template pics on 8.5x14 legal paper, was to get my own measurements (you're probably gonna need some help doing this part), then I used a printer at work to enlarge DFT's templates to reach my own measurements. What I had to do was to copy the enlarged templates in sections so they fit on the legal paper & then I pieced the parts together to get the whole armor piece.

Hopefully that makes sense, but if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help.

I think I understand, I looked at your Carter build (awesome so far btw) but what kind of printer did you use to enlarge the templates and print with this kind of paper, or is that just standard paper?

I'm wondering about this myself. However the poster board is a great idea!!!

No..iI'm totally not taking notes kver here....move along guys...

Sorry for the late response...Thanx for the compliment Tux, I'm hoping that I can find the motivation to pick this project back up again

Now on to your question...I just use the copiers at work & I print the templates onto regular paper. I usually print them on legal size paper mainly because I want the templates with as few pieces as possible (but also because that's the biggest paper I have available).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back