First Build - ODST - EVA Foam

This is your first foam build? That's actually really impressive. Always blows my mind seeing some of the things ya'll can do with foam. Looking forward to seeing the completed build!

Looking great! In terms of blackwash, maybe try mixing in some browns to lighten the color up? might make it a bit more visible. Honestly I wouldn/t worry about the decals, they look great in my opinion! and I love the inscription on the side of the helmet XD
The clothing under is still pretty pristine, might do some dusting up of trousers but at this point I need to draw my line in the sand on weathering, given how much time I have left before I set off ): but, after comic con I suspect I'll need to do some touch ups and I'll definitely try this out then.

I might try soft pastels, when painting dolls (big difference I appreciate LOL) I use those for shadows and blushing etc, maybe powder some up and brush some into the nooks and crannies then seal it in for Dirt Looks. Read about fullers earth for that sort of thing as well so that might be more effective than the pastels on the bigger pieces. Things to try in the future.
This looks so good! I am stunned with how well your foam helmet turned out, not an easy feat for sure!

This is your first foam build? That's actually really impressive. Always blows my mind seeing some of the things ya'll can do with foam. Looking forward to seeing the completed build!

Thank you! I'm honestly a little shocked I managed to wrangle it all into shape but I'm really chuffed with the first bash at all this. Definitely have lurked around KaeSpoon's builds, hopefully one day I'll match your skill!

Tomorrow is the final hurdle of painting and such, and my friend is going to help me with strapping and such when I get to theirs. Soooon!

purgatory.jpg

Also here is my spraypainting set up, a cheapie pop up tent in the garden as the weather is overcast and I don't trust it not to rain. It has been fondly named 'purgatory', lol.

Just came across your thread! You're build is looking amazing! Your weathering and chipping are looking really good as well.

Sorry about the message gap, but I read somewhere that you can use graphite for a metal sheen look. It looks amazing and I love the yellow accents! Keep it up!

I love 'purgatory'! I never would have thought to use a cheap popup ngl. I would have just prayed for no rain (or suffered the consequence of not planning around the weather xD)

Your painting, weathering, chipping and the decals look SOO good! It looks like you just yoinked it right from the game, its impressive!

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back