Props Nerf Reach Assault Rifle PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
that nerf is realy good! i will try to do this too!

that´s the best nerf mod that i have ever seen!

Hey. I'm the guy he made this for. It was an awesome job that skylow did. You guys should definitely keep your eyes out for the reach shotgun when it's done.

Hey Skylow, I was gone for a while so I'm not completely familiar with any of this anymore, I just wanted to know if this was an extremely complicated build or not, because I was thinking of attempting something similar after I brushed up a little bit. Is there anything you recommend before I attempt a Nerf Mod, like a full pep AR, instead?

Hey Skylow, I was gone for a while so I'm not completely familiar with any of this anymore, I just wanted to know if this was an extremely complicated build or not, because I was thinking of attempting something similar after I brushed up a little bit. Is there anything you recommend before I attempt a Nerf Mod, like a full pep AR, instead?

Well i can tell you a list of everything i used for starters and all the tools involved in my mod.

Materials were Stryrene sheeting textured and untextured of different thicknesses, MDF (Medium-density fibreboard), Bondo and fiberglass resin for Rondo, Drywall paste to seal the MDF, PVC pipe, and self hardening epoxy for gaps. The ammo counter screen was designed in illustrator from scratch with a clear plastic cover.

The tools i used were your typical mouse sander, Dremel, jigsaw, and table saw. I also used loctite one minute epoxy for the barrel and attachments of parts because that is one glue that will never let go. Wood glue was of course used for the MDF.

Pepping out the full weapon is a choice that you can make, i was commissioned to do a functioning gun mod and its what i am comfortable with since the base is already there for you. Of course every detail of the in game gun wont be in any Nerf mod like it would in a pep file but you will get an amazing looking functioning gun in the end. I personally haven't found a great way to turn a pep weapon into something sturdy. I did use several parts as a mold for my rondo like the butt plate and the ammo counter and front of the gun. Other parts like the stock i used from the pep as a rough template for cutting my MDF to size, although to be compatible with the Nerf recon i recommend scaling the pep up 10%. I did have to disassemble the gun to complete this mod also so for doing that and getting it back together right i recommend you Google Nerf Recon Internals. there are plenty of diagrams to help you re assemble the gun. I did this for a complete paint job and to bondo the slide on the gun.

I know it's a lot to read but if you have any other questions just feel free to ask !

I would prefer an airsoft gun as well but there is no airsoft gun remotely near the Reach AR. The battle rifle was the only gun i could see airsoft modding because the Famas is so similar but this one was much more related to a Nerf gun design ( Nerf is really going all out with their designs lately). I thought about casting it while making the first one but i didnt know it would get such a great response so i held off on that but now i see it would have been a good move. I couldn't cast the whole gun but i could cast the parts needed to assemble it like the stock and so on. If i ever have that much money for rubber i would love to. This gun took about a week straight working morning to night, casting would cut that in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back