New and improved Rogue helmet, and armor (eventually) W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use any primer/sealer before the paint? Might have helped to fill in the small gaps under the "mouth hole" as well as cover up the glue line on the back. A white/light grey primer might also have given the color a bit more "pop" of you wanted it to come out a bit brighter.

All in all looks like it came out pretty good. Any plans to carve out the indentations/vents on the cheek boxes? Could be a good way to add some ventilation, or to house some lights.

By the way, finally got my hands on some cardstock and after a quick test found out that my printer can indeed handle it, so there might be a pep version of this helmet being posted soon if all goes well.

No i actually forgot to primer it until i was already mostly done painting lol. Noob mistake, oh well :) I will remember next time.

Thanks, and yes i plan on cutting them out once i figure out what i want to do with them. It might be a bit though because i am probably going to start packing a whole bunch of stuff to move soon. Someone threw a rock through my sliding glass door last night at around 11:30 while i was at work. Woke my room mate up and he called me. I just finished talking to the apartment office about switching to a different apartment like 10 min ago. They said they had to contact corporate to see if we can switch apartments sooner than the 60 day notice that we are supposed to give. So here is hoping lol.

Righteous! i hope to see the pep soon then :p

Hoping to jump right into the pep work tomorrow if I can get up early enough. Thinking this first one will be the Reach-esque "prototype" I've mentioned to you before. Debating whether to print out the Scout variant HU/RS module and/or the 3rd Gen Com unit.

Hoping to jump right into the pep work tomorrow if I can get up early enough. Thinking this first one will be the Reach-esque "prototype" I've mentioned to you before. Debating whether to print out the Scout variant HU/RS module and/or the 3rd Gen Com unit.

Righteous man, cant wait to see it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I cut out the check parts of the helmet :)
Here is a pic
20130809_123842_zps9577cf42.jpg

Thats it for now sorry. Been little busy with the apartment and all.
Enjoy, and have a great weekend everyone

Clean cuts, bro. Heh, sitting here with the beginnings of the pepped helmet and it's already looking like it might be too small for my head. Won't know until I finish it and make some alterations.

the helmet is purple (redvsblue: doc) I know this isn't me building it but please for the love of halo tell me there's a second color to be put on there. but hey at least it's dark purple.

This is a great build. I'm actually looking into foam armor making because it seems so cheap and safe compared to Resin and Bondo.

Clean cuts, bro. Heh, sitting here with the beginnings of the pepped helmet and it's already looking like it might be too small for my head. Won't know until I finish it and make some alterations.

Thanks man, the cuts got better the more i did them lol. They will be lots better on the armor thats for sure.

the helmet is purple (redvsblue: doc) I know this isn't me building it but please for the love of halo tell me there's a second color to be put on there. but hey at least it's dark purple.

Actually its purple and blue lol. Its the "colorshift" by rustoleum. :) i wanted the Purple/green, but i couldnt find it. I might add another color. we shall see. I like the whole dark aspect due to it being the Rogue lol

This is a great build. I'm actually looking into foam armor making because it seems so cheap and safe compared to Resin and Bondo.

Thanks very much, glad you like it :) I will hopefully be working on the armor soon. Just got life stuff going on right now.
yeah the foam route is so far cheaper by far lol. And not dealing with the bondo and resin chemicals is nice. You still have the paint smell but thats not terrible lol

Stay tuned everyone, ill be working on the armor soon i hope :)

I may have to get some paint similar to what you used. It's awesome! I would love to have a pearlescent finish to mine that changed color depending on what angle you viewed it from.

The paint is awesome, but pricey. I got mine at Autozone lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So im debating on rebuilding the helmet... The more i look at it the more the warpage bugs me.
What you guys think?? Should i rebuild or wait for a bit and work on the rest of the suit lol

The paint is awesome, but pricey. I got mine at Autozone lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So im debating on rebuilding the helmet... The more i look at it the more the warpage bugs me.
What you guys think?? Should i rebuild or wait for a bit and work on the rest of the suit lol
Thanks for the tip on where you got the paint :)
From the pics you posted of your helmet, I think it looks pretty good. But I also know that the creator of something is probably their worst critic, if I said that right.
For example. I'm probably scrapping the Mk Vi torso I made because I think it looks bad, yet my wife says it looks good.

you found it at an autozone? tell me you didn't tell them it was for a helmet. you know what the next time you got to get paint where it in and make them go WTH and then get the paint and tell them. "I need a second coat." lol.

Thanks for the tip on where you got the paint :)
From the pics you posted of your helmet, I think it looks pretty good. But I also know that the creator of something is probably their worst critic, if I said that right.
For example. I'm probably scrapping the Mk Vi torso I made because I think it looks bad, yet my wife says it looks good.

yeah everyone keeps telling me its awesome! and hey i admit for my first foam build it is pretty awesome lol. But since i made it i can see the mistake lol oh well, perhaps ill keep it for now :)

you found it at an autozone? tell me you didn't tell them it was for a helmet. you know what the next time you got to get paint where it in and make them go WTH and then get the paint and tell them. "I need a second coat." lol.

I just might do that lmao

Hey guys, just figured id give you all a heads up, this thread isnt dead. I have just been super busy with vacation and coming back and trying to deal with apartment stuff. I will hopefully start working on some more armor pieces soon :)
Stay tuned

Good to see you back. Heh, progress has been slow on my pepped version, too, and it is definitely going to be too small, so it'll probably be turned into a display piece just as practice. Already finding a couple areas on the unfold I did that could use adjustments, particularly the nose piece right under the visor. That was a pain to put together and came out very rough looking. All I've got left to the pepping is the "cap" from the front of the dome to the brim, and that progress only came along because we've been without power for the last 30 hours or so. lol. One of these days I'll have to actually get a thread started on it.

it's like I told seth from mstar take your time don't rush it, and don't do what I've done heh, no wait do it. message me and i'll tell you about Friday night.

Hey guys, just giving you a heads up, the armor is going to be slow going as i am going to be rebuilding a Busa helmet for a friend. Her helmet fell and broke it lots of places so i figured id surprise her and rebuild it for her.

On a side note, i have pretty much finished modifying all the armor pieces for foam :) so when i do get around to building them it shouldn't take as long.

Have a great week everyone

Nice work on the helmet dude, didn't realize you were building! Get that link in your sig!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back