New at making armor & need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherriDragon

Member DIN
S919
Hi there! I'm super new to alot of this. I've never made armor before, I'm trying to create Locus from Red vs Blue. I already have the helmet & the shoulders but I can not seem to find anyone who has a pattern for the Halo 4 Infiltrator Torso (Female) & Outer-Plated Arms & Legs (Female).

It's a struggle just because Locus has 4 different pieces of armor. Locus Helmet, Infiltrator Torso, Engineer Shoulders, & Outer-Plated Arms & Legs. I'm also making a sniper rifle as that's Locus' main weapon. Any advice and patterns or sources that I can't find would be appreciated

Just a quick edit: I’m trying to make this armor out of foam as I do not have a 3D printer or have anyone that has a 3D printer

Edit 2: Actually I might get a 3D printer… Is there anyone that has advice on how to make sure everything is properly scaled?

Last edited:
Welcome to the 405th! There's some game rip 3D models in the Armory for what you're missing, but they aren't yet unfolded. Are you making your armour from foam or paper (pepakura)? If it's for foam, you could probably get away with using the Armory game rip files and unfolding them, then adding/subtracting details later. For pepakura though, you'll want a fully detailed 3D model to unfold.

As for how to unfold them, the two big programs are Armorsmith and Pepakura. You can also "UV Unwrap" them in software like Blender, but that gets much more complex.

I'm also making a sniper rifle as that's Locus' main weapon. Any advice and patterns or sources that I can't find would be appreciated
Do you 3d print? There's a couple good sniper rifles on Thingiverse.

Halo 5

Halo 3
Personally I like this set of files better. They seem more thoughtfully intended for printing and how they will assemble.

Welcome to the 405th! There's some game rip 3D models in the Armory for what you're missing, but they aren't yet unfolded. Are you making your armour from foam or paper (pepakura)? If it's for foam, you could probably get away with using the Armory game rip files and unfolding them, then adding/subtracting details later. For pepakura though, you'll want a fully detailed 3D model to unfold.

As for how to unfold them, the two big programs are Armorsmith and Pepakura. You can also "UV Unwrap" them in software like Blender, but that gets much more complex.

Doing it Out of Foam. I do not have a 3D printer nor would I know how to start with one

Do you 3d print? There's a couple good sniper rifles on Thingiverse.

Halo 5

Halo 3
Personally I like this set of files better. They seem more thoughtfully intended for printing and how they will assemble.
Doing it Out of Foam. I do not have a 3D printer nor would I know how to start with one

You've probably been told this but armorsmith is your friend even if you aren't 3d printing you can use it with foam models as well, it creates a virtual avatar using your measurements, you may have to tweak it a little but its a solid program. you can fit the pieces on the avatar to see how they'd fit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back