New guy here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokage81

Hi I'm new to pepakura and armor building, so this is my first attempt at anything like this. Any advice would be greatly accepted. and here's what I got so far. :D
[attachment=273:helmet_top.jpg]
[attachment=272:hemlet_front_2.jpg]
[attachment=274:helmet_side.jpg]

First off, welcome to the board! :D

Second, looks like folded it properly and got the shape of it right.

I must ask though, did you scale it down before printing? Keep in mind the Master Chief stands about seven feet tall, so to just print it out as is will make for a helmet far too big on your big. You'll get more of a "bobblehead" appearance in that case, lol.

So far, it looks good. Just what sort of "advice" were you looking to get on this, though? Regarding what aspects of your build? o_O

EDIT: Check out the "Official Pepakura Scaling Thread" stickied at the top of this forum if you haven't taken the scale into consideration (if you already thought of that, great!). Once you're ready to go further, refer to the "Resining Tutorial" also stickied here to brush up on what you'll need...

Ok, if you made it out of card stock buy resin and resin the outside then inside, buy fiberglass mat at home depot. Fiber glass inside, Sand it down to make it not "squared", paint your helm, buy your visor (or two for the dual visor)

MAIN THINGS:
1) SEARCH for you questions if you don't find it create a new top in the correct category or PM someone who is experienced
2) Don't double post
3) Get to work because if you want it before launch day, you only have 11 or so days

SPARTAN II said:
First off, welcome to the board! :D

Second, looks like folded it properly and got the shape of it right.

I must ask though, did you scale it down before printing? Keep in mind the Master Chief stands about seven feet tall, so to just print it out as is will make for a helmet far too big on your big. You'll get more of a "bobblehead" appearance in that case, lol.

So far, it looks good. Just what sort of "advice" were you looking to get on this, though? Regarding what aspects of your build? o_O

EDIT: Check out the "Official Pepakura Scaling Thread" stickied at the top of this forum if you haven't taken the scale into consideration (if you already thought of that, great!). Once you're ready to go further, refer to the "Resining Tutorial" also stickied here to brush up on what you'll need...

thanks for the welcome

as far as scaling goes I did scale it down... just for fun I printed out the forearm and assembled it unscaled, and oh yeah it's freakin huge! I'm about 6'3" to 6'4" so I'm going on the bigger side. Before I even started I went through and read the tut's to see what I was in for. I guess I just wanted to make sure it looked good, kinda get a second opinion. but thanks for the advice on where to go. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agent Orange said:
Ok, if you made it out of card stock buy resin and resin the outside then inside, buy fiberglass mat at home depot. Fiber glass inside, Sand it down to make it not "squared", paint your helm, buy your visor (or two for the dual visor)

MAIN THINGS:
1) SEARCH for you questions if you don't find it create a new top in the correct category or PM someone who is experienced
2) Don't double post
3) Get to work because if you want it before launch day, you only have 11 or so days

Will do thanks. As for having it by launch day that'd be great, but I'm gonna take my time and make this baby look nice. hopefully I can be ready by megacon.

Holy cow! Someone read the tutorials before they started. Awesome!

Also, looking really good on the folds! Nice and clean.

drgon47 said:
Holy cow! Someone read the tutorials before they started. Awesome!

Also, looking really good on the folds! Nice and clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back