NEW HALO 3 VIDEO - 'Betalicious' Sanctioned by Bungie

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, now please understand Im not trying to make anyone mad, I know alot of times people get defensive over things especially things they love. but this is just an observation.

I have been both a halo, and an Unreal Tournament player for along time. I love both games.

But in watching the betalicous video, this looks just like a well made mod for UT2004. even the announcer is calling "multikill" or "double-triple kill".

The graphics are on par for UT2004, even the double jump was noticed as in UT2004.

Im not bashing Halo 3 at all, as Im looking into a way to nab a 360 just so I can buy/play it. But alot seems to be er umm,.. borrowed from UT.

heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8DBvVioW0

Heres the new yet unreleased UT2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKk9FcUJqrU

Now like I said, I dont want ppl to get me wrong here, I like both halo and UT games. But this seems abit too much like UT to be the Halo 3 that Im expecting. The reason being is that Halo has been/is definably different, than UT, which is why I love playing it. ever the little excepts from the lil covenant guy like "he's everywhere" , and the panic voices saying RUN, still amuse me to this day.

Its just that this video seems to grey out the defining lines between the two ALOT. And Ive seen mods for UT like "red orchestra" that were more dramatic than this.

I've come to the sudden realization that by the third iteration of nearly ANYTHING, that the fans are too hard to please. It's like if people enjoyed the first thing... and the sequel is a continuation of that enjoyment, but by the time the third chapter comes in I think most people tastes have changed so much that you just can't meet their expectations...

Point being that you can't please everybody.. which is fine, but I guess that I worry how critical people already are about H3 and how that will affect the franchise in the long run.

CMax said:
Mancubus said:
the missile pod is like a turret but since you can pick up turrets in this game it satys in third person and you can shoot it and everything, he

Ok, but what is it firing? It sure wasn't a nuclear warhead.

The Missle Pod is a 8 missile launcher that has the ability to track vehicles.

Once picked up the launcher will appear in a "third-person view" which will make the player using the weapon less accurate and slower.

This weapon is special since it can track vehicles just like the M41 SSR MAV/AW Rocket Launcher. The difference between the Missile Pod and the Rocket Launcher is that the Missile Pod tracks vehicles and the Rocket Launcher does not in Halo 3 (stated by Bungie in a game interview by IGN).

---

So there we go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
I've come to the sudden realization that by the third iteration of nearly ANYTHING, that the fans are too hard to please. It's like if people enjoyed the first thing... and the sequel is a continuation of that enjoyment, but by the time the third chapter comes in I think most people tastes have changed so much that you just can't meet their expectations...

Point being that you can't please everybody.. which is fine, but I guess that I worry how critical people already are about H3 and how that will affect the franchise in the long run.

Very true,

If the game has too much borrowed content it will get a bad name, but as long as their is enough original content things should be good.

i dont care im buying the game anyways wooooo, UT is always awesome, and always had good graphics form the unreal engine, i think they useed the new unreal engine to make GoW but yeah whatever wooo....MMMMMMMonster KillKIllKIlllllllll hhehe and then the last one is like HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!.

I found a really good thread over a Bungie.net all about the beta and questions and answers there is some really good details there.

Here is a note. Remember how there was talk that the MP graphics were turned down versus SP? Well I can say that the graphics are quite simply jaw dropping. Frankie was right. The water is the best I have ever seen. And it is humorous that when you die in water and your body submerges, all of the sounds are as if you are hearing from under water.

HALO 3 is the most incredible MP I have ever expereinced. Ever. Any platform, any game. The detail in the weapons, the thought in the intricacies of the maps are pure genious.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10783162

Also theres tons of video available now for anyone who hasn't seen them yet,. go here:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

Oh theirs no doubt in mind about getting H3 Im just bummed I have to go buy an xbox 360 to play it. I wish they would release it for PC.

Hell Id buy a new video card just to play it! Say maybe a brand new dual 500 meg nvidia setup WOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back