New Halo Wars Trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord_Ian said:
I pre-ordered this weekend too, did you get the limited edition? I did, it looks pretty sweet.
Yeah I got the LE, even though I said to myself I wouldn't... hah

Last edited by a moderator:
These previews are making me want this game more and more. I wasn't expecting much at first (still aren't, to be honest), but this is really looking like it's going to be a great game!

Overlord_Ian said:
How dare you :(

LOL, jk!! :p
It'll be good, but I'm not expecting it to be the best Halo game ever made. I should have been a little more clear. :p

My son pre ordered the LE for me this weekend and downloaded the demo which I still have not played. It looks good so far and I can see some time conflicts with me and him were gonna have to wrestle for the time on the box lol.

(edit OOOO nice Grammar there)

rvb4life said:
32FPS is standard for most live shows and some movies, others have 28, and you can tell the difference.
I love RTS games, dating back to sim city (my favorite freakin game for PC), but a console just seems like the wrong place, i don't really know. I do have the demo, and all i can say is AMAZING, but it just seems like i could get better control with a mouse and keyboard than joystick and Dpad.

Maybe I used the wrong analogy...

hm...

A framerate too high makes me feel like I'm playing an arcade game. The type of game that is "play for up to 8 minutes then leave" Jericho felt a tad like this, although it was addictive as hell...

But yeah, the trailer is awsome.

This is exactly why a Halo movie should be CGI. With live action, I don't think they could achieve this level of epicness. It would seem too fake, it's just too complex. And Halo needs to be a mind explosion.

.... *sigh*

Kids.

How the hell are REAL THINGS faker than CGI?

Look, if uncanney valley comes within ONE mile of my Halo, I'm tearing someone a new *******.

xalener said:
.... *sigh*

Kids.

Look, if uncanney valley comes within ONE mile of my Halo, I'm tearing someone a new *******.

I know what he's talking about there gramps, if it was made as live action, it just wouldn't have the sci-fi atmosphere the game has produced. Flying drop ships, epic explosions, covenant elites ripping arms and growling. It'd just be odd to mix real, and mostly CGI together. Honestly, Id prefer a CGI movie. The quality shown thus far is incredible. ;)

Oh yeah. Because we've never seen arm-ripping or dropships in any live action movies before...

I'm 15.

Maybe I'm just smart and can think outside of the box.
Halo's sci fi atmosphere has already been done in Live action. It's called Aliens. It came out in the 80's. If some of the stuff in that movie still holds up today, imagine what we could do now.

Maybe I've gone through a condensed version of the fall of reach movie in my head over and over again. I have seen no flaws.

I've had this agrument before.

Also....

...you know what we need?

Arm ripping dropships.

Back on topic... I might make a seperate topic on this debate.

xalener said:
Oh yeah. Because we've never seen arm-ripping or dropships in any live action movies before...

I'm 15.

Maybe I'm just smart and can think outside of the box.

Maybe I've gone through a condensed version of the fall of reach movie in my head over and over again. I have seen no flaws.

...you know what we need?

Arm ripping dropships.

gfs_63166_2_16.jpg

???

xalener said:
.... *sigh*

Kids.

Well, yes, it could be done is what I'm saying, but the big movie companies are pretty leary of a video game movie, since Uwe Boll dorked that up. So achieving this, I'm guessing, could require substancial budget, maybe too big for the nervous companies, and that's why it was put on hold.

And there ARE some parts that I don't think they could pull off with the same atmosphere. Take Halo 2 for instance, when the Chief was "Giving the Covenant their bomb back" it was too awesome for me to comprehend, and if they attemted something like that in a Live action, I don't think would would be as cool. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the Alien thing, but lets also take into consideration the lighting. It was pretty dark the whole movie, and the covenant are in broad daylight. And I forsee he energy sword being somewhat difficult to make, with the whole pulse and steam/smoke stuff. It's on a higher level than a lightsaber.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Well, yes, it could be done is what I'm saying, but the big movie companies are pretty leary of a video game movie, since Uwe Boll dorked that up. So achieving this, I'm guessing, could require substancial budget, maybe too big for the nervous companies, and that's why it was put on hold.

And there ARE some parts that I don't think they could pull off with the same atmosphere. Take Halo 2 for instance, when the Chief was "Giving the Covenant their bomb back" it was too awesome for me to comprehend, and if they attemted something like that in a Live action, I don't think would would be as cool. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the Alien thing, but lets also take into consideration the lighting. It was pretty dark the whole movie, and the covenant are in broad daylight. And I forsee he energy sword being somewhat difficult to make, with the whole pulse and steam/smoke stuff. It's on a higher level than a lightsaber.

Well, with every Live action action movie (lulz) there's always SOME CGI involved. I'm saying it doesn't have to envelope EVERYTHING.

Besides, I'm not against the movie having a slightly different feel than the game, It just needs to be cannon. Something done rarely and does matter a lot. Did anyone see sunshine? That would be acceptable.

xalener said:
Well, with every Live action action movie (lulz) there's always SOME CGI involved. I'm saying it doesn't have to envelope EVERYTHING.

Besides, I'm not against the movie having a slightly different feel than the game, It just needs to be cannon. Something done rarely and does matter a lot. Did anyone see sunshine? That would be acceptable.
Teh link broke. I really wana watch this again. Need to make some more .gifs . >.<

Dear god, why hasn't anyone pointed out that the music is a work of Steve Jablonsky?

Around 3:25 I noticed something that sounded strangely familiar. Then I realized, "Holy crap, that's Transformers music!"

The name of the song that I noticed: Autobots
Correct me if I'm wrong
What has been said about Jablonsky is that he likes to add a Transformers feel to his songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back