New Halo Wars Trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoilers or no, absolutely wonderful. It just makes me want the game even more. Getting it pre-ordered. And as far as a movie of Fall of Reach being CGI, all I have to say is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. If it would compare to that, it would be well worth it being CGI.

While I shat bricks watching that thing, and hotly anticipate the game, part of me wishes this were an FPS experience. Part of me wants to be able to roll around in a 'Hog and splatter stuff like in that cinematic.

mks81 said:
Spoilers or no, absolutely wonderful. It just makes me want the game even more. Getting it pre-ordered. And as far as a movie of Fall of Reach being CGI, all I have to say is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. If it would compare to that, it would be well worth it being CGI.

Not me. a CG halo movie would jsut be everything we've already seen here. I want to see Halo in a new media.

Where there's live action movies, there's REAL movie props on Ebay.

Real people.

Real creatures. (If the movie comes out, and there are no guys in suits, I have lost faith in the industry)

Real weapons. (official military weapons modded to be replicas of the Halo guns)

REAL VEHICLES (come on, that warthog was just the tip of the berg.)

REAL EVERYTHING.

I WANT.

But back on topic, this trailer is badass...

Sheer awsomeness.

BUT. All it really does is make me wish Halo 3 looked better. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Keegan said:
Did you know that halo 3 only runs at 30 fps?

My computer can triple that... if I dump it in liquid nitrogen.

But normally, I run at 60FPS, so the 360 Hardware isn't that much to look at.

On topic:

That trailer... it...

Well, when I was watching the H3 Believe trailers, it just made me love the whole UNSC so much, along with the game. This trailer is doing the same thing for me. This is what I feel like Halo is, not one man in a suit, but an entire RACE fighting for survival...

Wow...

Well, 30 fps makes me think of movies and stuff...

But anything above that makes it feel like I'm watching a sitcom......I don't know what it is...

Everything over 90fps has a fresh prince/Keenan and Kel thing going on.

imMonkeyGOD said:
If anyone wants a downloadable version of it, here's a link

http://www.4shared.com/file/85145844/b4376...ic_Trailer.html

I remastered the audio, the audio's bass was all messed up so I fixed it. You'd hear a little difference. :)

Hey THX mAn, ur The best. Now to Make Gifs From This vid MUAHHAHHA

also what type of file is it? Is it an avi or wmv because it just says file.

Edit: seems to work best a .WMV file for me.

Yeah sorry guys, I deleted the .wmv part because I thought it was a title and it wouldn't affect the video so i changed it back to .wmv.

So if anyone has any problems just re-download it like link4044

oh my god.... this has to be one of the best trailers ever, better than most movie trailers out there..
I was still on the fence whether to buy the game or not, but this just sold it for me. It made me realize how much I LOVE the halo story/universe.
The only thing that kind of sucks is the major spoilers in that video... its going to ruin a few moments now when I play the game and watch the cinematics.

The Arbiter looks like such a bad ass in the trailer, the energy sword dragging on the floor making sparks while he's walking like he's pissed...epic.
THIS is why I buy halo games, for the stories. I just love them, I don't care much for all the other gimmicks, a good story sells the game, great gameplay keeps the people playing it.

Why haven't they made a Halo movie like this!!!

Enrisan said:
oh my god.... this has to be one of the best trailers ever, better than most movie trailers out there..
I was still on the fence whether to buy the game or not, but this just sold it for me. It made me realize how much I LOVE the halo story/universe.
The only thing that kind of sucks is the major spoilers in that video... its going to ruin a few moments now when I play the game and watch the cinematics.

The Arbiter looks like such a bad ass in the trailer, the energy sword dragging on the floor making sparks while he's walking like he's pissed...epic.
THIS is why I buy halo games, for the stories. I just love them, I don't care much for all the other gimmicks, a good story sells the game, great gameplay keeps the people playing it.

Why haven't they made a Halo movie like this!!!
well its a good thing I showed the trailer thene huh? I only buy the halo game for the story aswell, and yes, that is what really matters in a good game. I'm glad I changed your opinion about halo wars :) How could you ever consider not getting it now LOL!

Overlord_Ian said:
well its a good thing I showed the trailer thene huh? I only buy the halo game for the story aswell, and yes, that is what really matters in a good game. I'm glad I changed your opinion about halo wars :) How could you ever consider not getting it now LOL!
haha yeah thanks.
I actually just got back from the mall to buy my girlfriend something and I stopped by Gamestop and pre-ordered. :lol:

By the way, Gamestop will also be giving away a Free Halo Wars Prima Guide book or something when you pre-order the LE, just saw the ad at Gamestop.

Enrisan said:
haha yeah thanks.
I actually just got back from the mall to buy my girlfriend something and I stopped by Gamestop and pre-ordered. :lol:

By the way, Gamestop will also be giving away a Free Halo Wars Prima Guide book or something when you pre-order the LE, just saw the ad at Gamestop.
I pre-ordered this weekend too, did you get the limited edition? I did, it looks pretty sweet.

xalener said:
Well, 30 fps makes me think of movies and stuff...

But anything above that makes it feel like I'm watching a sitcom......I don't know what it is...

Everything over 90fps has a fresh prince/Keenan and Kel thing going on.
32FPS is standard for most live shows and some movies, others have 28, and you can tell the difference.

I love RTS games, dating back to sim city (my favorite freakin game for PC), but a console just seems like the wrong place, i don't really know. I do have the demo, and all i can say is AMAZING, but it just seems like i could get better control with a mouse and keyboard than joystick and Dpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back