New Here, Got questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaman

Hey guise, My names Tim and I'm new here and I have a few questions.

First, can I export the 2d plans from Pep into Microsoft word, or any other programs?
If not, is there any way can you print a .pep file WITHOUT the actual Program? This is because I don't have a printer at home, only at my local library, where your not allowed to install programs on the PCs.

Second, I'm making a MJOLNIR Mark IV Helmet (Thats MasterChiefs helmet btw ;D). I would like to know where I could get a cheap visor from (UK).

Lastly, Where would I get the appropriate paints from (again, UK)?

Thanks guise.

Tim

As far as printing goes, Windows comes with its "XPS Printer" which prints them to a file. Most newer Windows operating systems comes with it preinstalled. If that doesn't work, you could try one of the many PDF printers out there, http://www.pdfforge.org/ looks promising although I've never used it.

For the paints, any hobby store or auto part store should have a decent selection, and don't forget there is always online shops too! For the visor eBay would probably be your best bet, although I'm not too sure what you guys have over in the UK

Thanks guise, and yeah sorry I was rushing I didnt read the stickies, I'll bear that in mind for the future :D

Hey guise, My names Tim and I'm new here and I have a few questions.

First, can I export the 2d plans from Pep into Microsoft word, or any other programs?
If not, is there any way can you print a .pep file WITHOUT the actual Program? This is because I don't have a printer at home, only at my local library, where your not allowed to install programs on the PCs.

Second, I'm making a MJOLNIR Mark IV Helmet (Thats MasterChiefs helmet btw ;D). I would like to know where I could get a cheap visor from (UK).

Lastly, Where would I get the appropriate paints from (again, UK)?

Thanks guise.

Tim

first.... read the stickies first :D then asking questions. but....
your first problem is solved: install the free pepakura viewer or download and buy the designer. then export your pdo file to and image typ. you will get an bmp file of the 2d layers. the XPS printer is the second method (only if the viewer doesnt support the export).

dont spend so much money in your helmet parts until you reach the step you need this materials.
you have to print, fold, glue, bondo, sanding, bondo, sanding, bondo...zzZzzzZz... bondo, sanding it :D THEN you could use the local paint shop, hobby shop (modellcrafting shops) or the internet. i used cheap graffity paint and it works fine for me. you can get NC, acrylic, syntetic based paint from the brands MTN, Kobra or Montana Black / Gold.
this shop is only an example but ... very expensive. 3,60€ is one can of this paint in germany. search for an alt. shop.

dont spend so much money in your helmet parts until you reach the step you need this materials.

I have pepakura installed on a usb stick. I can print anywhere there is a printer.

And, I would go with Ebay for better prices.

hey bro im from the U.K as well halfords is great for spray paint and they have a stuff that's like bondo which is cheep and you get allot of it .
i don't know how to help you on the printing side of things and getting a visor of eBay or amazon is you best bet

welcome to the 405th have a nice stay

sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back