New Mtn Dew Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
23Magnum said:
Do you realize how many changes the MT. Dew logo has gone through?

I'm still pissed they ever changed it from this...

**pic**

Heh, you're old school aren't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Humboldt_spartan said:
bleh.. every product is just trying to keep up with the times...every one is thirsty for change...one way or another....who really cares if your cola is a different color..i still prefer whiskey

Me, I prefer whisky without that new fangled "E" in the name.

I don't care what there logo is, It's still the same drink we all know and love. I love "MtN Dew" no matter what. I love Mountain Dew no matter what. Its so addictive, best drink ever!

Leadingspartan said:
I don't care what there logo is, It's still the same drink we all know and love. I love "MtN Dew" no matter what. I love Mountain Dew no matter what. Its so addictive, best drink ever!
agreed :)

Has anyone seen the new Sierra mist design? When I first saw it I thought of a classic horror movie forest. I like it. Now it is possible to physically drink the Blair Witch Project.

Mountain Dew (also known as Mtn Dew since late 2008) is a soft drink distributed and manufactured by PepsiCo. The main formula was invented in Knoxville, Tennessee, named and first marketed in Knoxville and Johnson City, TN in the 1940s, then by Barney and Ally Hartman, in Fayetteville, North Carolina and across the United States in 1964.

I'm from where they first sold it back in the 40's ;). The antique stores here have crazy amounts of old bottles, metal signs, and crates so I've seen all the different variations of its logo & packaging. Honestly, I really like the new design! If you look at it, they've even used the same font face as the 99-08 logo so it's not a terrible stretch. They just omitted the letters to give it a newer feel. That's just my opinion though.

TRIVIA: In case anyone was curious...'Mountain Dew's name was a euphanism for 'shine. Yup, moonshine. TN is world famous for its white lightnin' after all. Course the green soda Mountain Dew is considerably less flammable. Heck Pepsi could put the soda in a Bell Jar and I'd still buy it. The packaging is always secondary to taste :)

I really love the new Pepsi logo. It's very much my style (although I'm a Coca (Nuka ^^) Cola person when it comes to the classic soda flavor.

I cant really decide which I like better. but as long as its in a can/bottle and not a cube. sugar instead of, say, salt. and its a liquid and not a solid/powder. i will still drink it. logos dont really matter to me.

also, i vote they change their slogan back to "Mountain Dew. It'll tickle your innards!" with the 2 hillbilies with moonshine bottles that say mountain dew... just imo.

Widman2013 said:
also, i vote they change their slogan back to "Mountain Dew. It'll tickle your innards!" with the 2 hillbilies with moonshine bottles that say mountain dew... just imo.

Classic :) Here here!

Any slogan with the mention of 'innards' is win.

Razgriz said:
Heh, you're old school aren't you?
Older than most here, but not all.

I actually did know about the origin behind the name. Found that out a while back when I was a kid from someone...don't remember now.

Anyway, I loved the new Pepsi commercial shown during the Superbowl.

I believe I had read that "Mtn Dew" used to be called "hillbilly piss" for a short while, because of the colour and packaging. Can anyone confirm this? Wikipedia isn't exactly the most accurate source of information.

Yea deffintly not a fan. I wish they had just kept what they had. Either that, or just make a 24 pack with every design *dew art contest maybe? *.

Achille said:
I believe I had read that "Mtn Dew" used to be called "hillbilly piss" for a short while, because of the colour and packaging. Can anyone confirm this? Wikipedia isn't exactly the most accurate source of information.
Oh my, I sure hope not. Example:
"Whatcha drinking?"
"Hillbilly Piss"
"That tastes good, I need my Pa to pee in a bottle for me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back