New pics of my helmet ** New helmets on page 7**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primal Weyland said:
Simple answer: good luck, and I hope you're willing to shell out at least four figure-numbers for it.

Why are you always such a wise guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Primal Weyland said:
Simple answer: good luck, and I hope you're willing to shell out at least four figure-numbers for it.

good point......

at least i got 9999999999999999999999999999999999999.9$. (y)

loks professional, but to my thoughts, it kinda looks uneven and it doesnt look like pep of course

but still AWESOME work!

[edit]
daredevil71789 said:
april fools! oh.............. i got couple bucks. :mad:
try to edit ur post next time instead of double posting

you really do have add. all because your not a newb dosnt give you the rights to make fun of my bro who dosent know how to edit. :mad:

(p.s. my bro posts things for me...)

Primal Weyland said:

WTF are you talking about PW? get your facts straight... oh wait...

daredevil71789 said:
you really do have add. all because your not a newb dosnt give you the rights to make fun of my bro who dosent know how to edit. :mad:
(p.s. my bro posts things for me...)
He never made fun of him, he politely told him that he could edit his posts.

Whoa! Everybody calm down please. I step out for a minute and complete anarchy has broken out in my thread! :eek:

Sorry I didn't get to reply sooner. I've been very preoccupied as of late with some little emergencies that have popped up.. more on that later.

@ daredevil71789: I do still make these and you can purchase one, but all business is handled through PM's as per forum rules. Send me a message and I can fill you in on the details. And yes, the visor is see-through..

@ Weyland: I have never charged a four figure price for any of my work . I do not profit from my armor sales... I take alot of pride in being the guy who gives people breaks on the cost of armor. I do this because I love making armor, not for profits. Ask any of my customers.

Everybody else: thanks for your help. I've been busy lately, but I'll keep a closer eye on my threads in the future..

-Sean

Sean Bradley said:
07.jpg

Helmet-5-.jpg

I dunno, it looks alright to me. ;-)

looks like 2 inches higher almost imposible to be seen by the human eye....

its perfect really. only bungie can make it perfectly....

ether that or its not circular enough.

Sean Bradley said:
Where did you get that impression?

These helmets use motorcycle visors, you can see through clear as day.

let me guess you double layer it....

daredevil71789 said:
let me guess you double layer it....
Yes they are double layer to get the indented impression that they have in game.

BishopX said:
That helmet looks great Sean. I'm no sculptor but that looks difficult.

Thanks BishopX! Thats a hefty compliment coming from you!

These helmets were made well before the launch of Halo 3, while I could only make guesses at how the detailing would change. Without having any 3-D files to work from I built my paper patterns from scratch, without Pepakura. Looking back I think I did a pretty fair job, but I will have to update the helmet someday.. ;)

Sean Bradley said:
Somebody wanted some better pics of my completed helmet, so I recently shot some new ones. It seemed kinda a waste just to send to one person, so I thought I'd share them with everybody. Maybe they'll be useful for reference. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

Enjoy.

Helmet-1.jpg

Helmet-2.jpg

Helmet-3.jpg

Helmet-4.jpg

Helmet-5-.jpg

Helmet-6.jpg

Helmet-7.jpg

Helmet-8.jpg

Helmet-9.jpg

Helmet-10.jpg

Dude thats 75 kinds of awsome...when u make those out of platic sheet..u talkin about abs..like ya scratch build models out of or soemthing entirely different?...and do u transfer the pep patern to it or what?....
awsome nione the less

I've got my Sean helmet painted :D now on to a visor. Thanks so much for the trade, I've wanted your helmet for quite the time now. Hope a do it justice.

Thanks for the comment. I was starting to think that people forgot about my helmets. :eek:

Back in 2006 when I made this, Pepakura wasn't really on the armor scene yet, so I scratch built this helmet. Since then Pepakura has made everyone helmets 10x more accurate, but I'm still very proud to be able to say that I built this all myself, by hand, the 'old fashioned' way because I'm such an old school fart. :p

Todays pepakura helmets are more accurate, but I like to think that mine has a special place in costume history, the way that Chris Bryans does. He's really the person who inspired me to go about building mine this way, although I did take some shortcuts here and there.

My helmets now are all casts, and I don't really intend on building anything from scratch with sheet styrene.. although it could be useful to transfer some pepakura patterns for more strength on large weapon builds. My new armor from here on out will either be pepakura derived or sculpted in clay... actually I'm really itching to do some sculpting again.. ;)

Edit: Awesome, Doc... I was actually wondering about how you were doing with it yesterday. Can't wait to see some pics!

is it just the angle of the pictures taken, or does the visor kindof, lean back, if you get what im trying to say?

Thats entirely right. The angle follows the angle between the underside of the brim, and the inside lip of the 'mouth' if you get what I'm trying to say.

It's not at a right angle to the 'mouth' area... and shouldn't be.

This helmet is absolutely awesome, because it is:
A: Built by hand, from scratch.
B: Built using only reference pictures.
C: Extremely accurate even with the lack of pepakura.

I love it!

now dont get me wrong im not bashing you.

it looks great but there are allot of different things. i know you said that the peps are way more acurate these days and that you dident have it back then.
i still think it looks really good for a scratch build.

but for all the suck ups in here.

This helmet is absolutely awesome, because it is:
A: Built by hand, from scratch.
B: Built using only reference pictures.
C: Extremely accurate even with the lack of pepakura.

Edited for rude comment - The Mods

oke im not saying its not awesome cause its scratch build and it works. plus there wasn't really good reference unless you mean halo 2.

but come on there are defensively differences between the h3 helmet and the 1 sean made.
the structure is different the top of the helmet is way different.

so not trying to be a suckup but it still looks awesome. still the minor details are of. it resembles MC so its good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back