New pics of my helmet ** New helmets on page 7**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you ought to realize, this helmet IS NOT meant to represent the HALO 3 style MC helmet.....

I'm also of the opinion, that the only work you should criticize is your own.

Sean did a great job on that helmet, and I respect Sean and I respect his work, he put a lot of time and effort into his work, and I think you ought to show him some respect.

Just my opinion on this whole argument...

My two cents if you will.

typeZERO said:
now dont get me wrong im not bashing you.

it looks great but there are allot of different things. i know you said that the peps are way more acurate these days and that you dident have it back then.
i still think it looks really good for a scratch build.

but for all the suck ups in here.
Edited for rude comment - The Mods

oke im not saying its not awesome cause its scratch build and it works. plus there wasn't really good reference unless you mean halo 2.

but come on there are defensively differences between the h3 helmet and the 1 sean made.
the structure is different the top of the helmet is way different.

so not trying to be a suckup but it still looks awesome. still the minor details are of. it resembles MC so its good

Firstly I don't appreciate your rude comment. Saying "don't get me wrong I'm not bashing" doesn't give you the right to tear someones work apart.

Second, this helmet was made in 2006, well before the release of Halo 3. That being said, there was no way it could have been made accurate to Halo 3.

Still I can take constructive criticism. While the helmet isn't perfect, it's stood up to the test of time remarkably well.

07.jpg

Helmet-5-.jpg

Show me another scratch built helmet made in 2006 or any helmet made without the use of computer modeling that looks this accurate. There are very few of us out there that haven't taken shortcuts to make our armor.

Go do some scratch building and we'll talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Seans helmet is amazing, it might not be the most accurate game model but it is a high quality piece of work,
The helmet was made well before halo 3 or the halo 3 beta, as far as i know there are 2 people who have made a quality helmet in this time Chris bryan made one in 2004, and Sean made one in 2006.

And you cannot compare Seans helmet with the halo 3 model since it didnt exist.

I think seans helmet is incredible considering the lack of reference, also the helmet has captured most of the detail in the game model, it's symmetrical and that is the most important thing about a helmet.

enough said..

-Fin(n)ish

Correct me if I am wrong, but when Sean was making this helmet, he was trying to create his own unique style of master chief. I dont think that he was intending to recreate something that has already been done. And if you look at the rest of his armor, it too is not identical to bungie's master chief, but that is what makes his armor unique.

New pics of my helmet ** New helmets on page 9**

Somebody wanted some better pics of my completed helmet, so I recently shot some new ones. It seemed kinda a waste just to send to one person, so I thought I'd share them with everybody. Maybe they'll be useful for reference. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

Enjoy.

View attachment 30521

View attachment 30522

View attachment 30523

View attachment 30524

View attachment 30525

View attachment 30526

View attachment 30527

View attachment 30528

View attachment 30529

View attachment 30530
That’s really good amazing work that you’ve done

That’s really good amazing work that you’ve done
Hey Deadman, I know you're new here so just a little friendly advice to check the dates of the threads before you post, this thread is about 11 years old so probably not gonna get much back even though Sean bradley is still active.
Also it pushes down currently active threads. Glad to see you posting on the forums now though!
Just wanted to tell you before Sean Anwalt did.

(It's typically suggested to not Necro threads with the last post being 4 months old except maybe tutorials)

Hey Deadman, I know you're new here so just a little friendly advice to check the dates of the threads before you post, this thread is about 11 years old so probably not gonna get much back even though Sean bradley is still active.
Also it pushes down currently active threads. Glad to see you posting on the forums now though!
Just wanted to tell you before Sean Anwalt did.

(It's typically suggested to not Necro threads with the last post being 4 months old except maybe tutorials)
Oh ok thanks I’ll be sure to remember that and look at dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back