New RCO, And Plans For 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton188

RCO
Member DIN
S188
Hello everybody, new RCO here. A lot of you already know me, so I'll keep the introduction brief. I've been dubbed Colonial's Mad Scientist as I tend to make functional, big, and elaborate builds. I've been serving as RXO for the past 2 years, and served as RMO back in 2019. I love attending conventions, sharing building knowledge, and brainstorming ideas and building techniques even if I still stick to the tried and true hot glue :lol:. I'm always open to new ideas, so if you have any please share them.

First thing on the to-do list is the RXO and RMO positions. serenko3 will be the RXO and Harri51 will be staying on as RMO. Dirtdives2424 is still or local Keeper of the Con Lists, and Ashuraa is our official/unofficial Con Mom (We need to get her a plaque ;)). A big shout out to Serenko3 for being our RCO during these past years, when times were rough and drives were low. From forming weekly online meet-ups to maintaining relations with conventions and reaching out to new ones, getting us ready for the return to normality. Can't wait to see what else you have for us moving forward.

There's a couple things we can do this year, and I'd love to hear your feedback and ideas on. Cons are slowly making a comeback, along with our annual ones there are a few new ones that have reached out to us. So let's get out there and get back to having fun (Safely of course) and spreading Halo love and knowledge. Don't forget there's a Halo show coming out this year which is sure to grab more attention and possible new members.

Another thing is a custom Colonial shirt. We were working on a design last year, but it never came to full fruition. A separate thread for this will be made soon, and we'd love to hear ideas on how we can make the design our own. Keep in mind some certain Halo assets may not work due to legal reasons, but we can bounce things back and forth. Why should Southern Regiment get to have all the custom tee fun right? ;)

Don't forget that we have Live Streams and general meet-ups on Discord. It's a good way to keep in touch with everyone, and play games, but official and important stuff will always be posted here so it never gets buried. We can bring back weekly or bi-weekly meet-ups on Discord to help with motivation or just to hang out and chat.

Let's get out there (safely) and make 2022 a fun year!

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

You make it sound like there was something wrong with the old one..........I love to stir the pot!!!!! he he he (Maniacal laugh as I rub my hands in glee!!)
Besides me being slightly crazy in a good way? If there was anything wrong it was on the community as I had an open opinion policy. sax092 that being said if there is anything ever you don't like, or a change you want to see let us know and we will do our best to address the change or issue.

Hello everybody, new RCO here. A lot of you already know me, so I'll keep the introduction brief. I've been dubbed Colonial's Mad Scientist as I tend to make functional, big, and elaborate builds. I've been serving as RXO for the past 2 years, and served as RMO back in 2019. I love attending conventions, sharing building knowledge, and brainstorming ideas and building techniques even if I still stick to the tried and true hot glue :lol:. I'm always open to new ideas, so if you have any please share them.

First thing on the to-do list is the RXO and RMO positions. serenko3 will be the RXO and Harri51 will be staying on as RMO. Dirtdives2424 is still or local Keeper of the Con Lists, and Ashuraa is our official/unofficial Con Mom (We need to get her a plaque ;)). A big shout out to Serenko3 for being our RCO during these past years, when times were rough and drives were low. From forming weekly online meet-ups to maintaining relations with conventions and reaching out to new ones, getting us ready for the return to normality. Can't wait to see what else you have for us moving forward.

There's a couple things we can do this year, and I'd love to hear your feedback and ideas on. Cons are slowly making a comeback, along with our annual ones there are a few new ones that have reached out to us. So let's get out there and get back to having fun (Safely of course) and spreading Halo love and knowledge. Don't forget there's a Halo show coming out this year which is sure to grab more attention and possible new members.

Another thing is a custom Colonial shirt. We were working on a design last year, but it never came to full fruition. A separate thread for this will be made soon, and we'd love to hear ideas on how we can make the design our own. Keep in mind some certain Halo assets may not work due to legal reasons, but we can bounce things back and forth. Why should Southern Regiment get to have all the custom tee fun right? ;)

Don't forget that we have Live Streams and general meet-ups on Discord. It's a good way to keep in touch with everyone, and play games, but official and important stuff will always be posted here so it never gets buried. We can bring back weekly or bi-weekly meet-ups on Discord to help with motivation or just to hang out and chat.

Cool. I'm attempting to make a costume by Altoona Comic Con in June. Been a Jr member since October and have met all the requirements to become a member. Not sure still about a lot of stuff so I'm really not sure what to do next. Also I'm the one who created the first cardboard Ghost costume. A bit big so I might be up for donating it to the groups use. I have it stored in the garage for now. Anyways hope to talk with you soon

Cool. I'm attempting to make a costume by Altoona Comic Con in June. Been a Jr member since October and have met all the requirements to become a member. Not sure still about a lot of stuff so I'm really not sure what to do next. Also I'm the one who created the first cardboard Ghost costume. A bit big so I might be up for donating it to the groups use. I have it stored in the garage for now. Anyways hope to talk with you soon
The next step is to summon the Harri51 and have him add you to the regiment :). And then wait patiently until June, unless you have any other con plans before then. Would love to see the Ghost down there this year, as I'm not sure if mine will be returning or not yet, depends on how much new stuff I can cram into the truck.

The next step is to summon the Harri51 and have him add you to the regiment :). And then wait patiently until June, unless you have any other con plans before then. Would love to see the Ghost down there this year, as I'm not sure if mine will be returning or not yet, depends on how much new stuff I can cram into the truck.
Summoned, requested, waiting. Till we meet again!

Summoned, requested, waiting. Till we meet again!
Summoned already. That was fast. I have to ask. Did you just use a Dragon Ball quote? That's awesome. First thing I thought when I read your reply. Anything special I need to do to become a member of Colonial? I live in Johnstown, Pa. Not sure if you need to know or not. Hit me up. Thanks

C
Summoned already. That was fast. I have to ask. Did you just use a Dragon Ball quote? That's awesome. First thing I thought when I read your reply. Anything special I need to do to become a member of Colonial? I live in Johnstown, Pa. Not sure if you need to know or not. Hit me up. Thanks
Nope you met the requirements and welcome to colonial regiment officially. Other than that, to everyone else please keep on topic with what Benton has written. If you need anything from me membership wise or what not feel free to DM me or head to our other posts for other awesome content and events.

Also, no. Not a dragonball quote just a really tired Harri.

Congrats Benton!

For the colonial t-shirt maybe put a pilgrim (colonial, get it? nyuk nyuk) or some such next to the 405th icon?

Scheduled discord meetups would be fun, I need folks to talk to while I tinker with my yggdrasil in my garage. Podcasts as company can only go so far.

I would look into going to the Altoona con in June, but it's a wee too close to Porcfest. I'm hoping to harass meet folks at Porcfest/drum up interest in my working yggdrasil powerarmor this year (possibly including Tim Beanie-boi Pool).

Last edited:

What if for the tshirts, you had two halo snipers crossed like they do for the 1776 shirts?
Underneath them you could put the Legendary Halo skull. Then something like the groups motto under that? Do we have a group motto? I love making stuff, let me know if you need any help brainstorming. Can't wait to see what it turns out like.

What if for the tshirts, you had two halo snipers crossed like they do for the 1776 shirts?
Underneath them you could put the Legendary Halo skull. Then something like the groups motto under that? Do we have a group motto? I love making stuff, let me know if you need any help brainstorming. Can't wait to see what it turns out like.
I just made a thread for the T-shirt ideas if you want to see what we made last year. Not sure on if we can use those assets just yet, but it is a neat idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back