New recruit here, with his first question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLDR1234

Hello! I have just joined this community and I am planning to make my very first set of Halo armor, more specifically the Halo 3 Mjolnir MK VI variant. Now this is my very first time working on a huge project like this, but I have done some research before going into this. I don't know if this is the right forum to post this thread, but my first question regards the 405th armory files. I have the Pepakura Designer installed but I don't know how to import the files from the armory into the program. The files I am going to use are the Halo 3 MJOLNIR MK VI Ultra High Definition ones.

Welcome new comer!!!

I have a completed armor set of what you are talking about!! I would be glad to give you any advice that I can about the build and how to go about it without very many issue. Hopefully. So as far as the files go for pepakura...I think you can download them as .pdo files and open them with pepakura. I'm not sure what version you have but I have been using ver.3 for years.

Welcome to the 405th and let me know if you need more help!!

Bad Kitty

Ok, not a problem. It can be a little confusing when you first start using the program but after some time goes by you'll find it's easy to make the sizing work for your needs. :)
I'm not sure if the tutorial has a sizing chart or not but if you need advice or sizing questions answered we are here for you.
It's best to use cardstock to print your parts on so when you start the glue process the paper will start together.
I have been using the 165LBS/ 7.5grams cardstock for a long time and have not had any issues with it.
Good luck and don't discourage.. this can be VERY time consuming but in the end it's so worth it!!

Welcome to the 405th SLDR1234!
I just 'finished' my Halo 3 Mk VI a couple weeks ago, and my biggest suggestion would be (and you'll hear this one a lot): don't rush.

Nice choice on the armor, I also have made that set. Penitence is key, and the more pieces you make, the better you will get.

Oh, and I would advise not starting on the helmet
I can agree with this because the helmet is the most iconic part of the suit, and the most important. I can also disagree with this because if you never build again or even attempt to build your suit, you still have a helmet, rather than a shoe, but if your helmet comes out bad. That's a big sad face right there, but if it is a shoe that comes out bad, noone will notice. The first thing I ever made was the helmet, and that is the best thing I ever did. I made my chest piece last and it is the worst looking part in the suit... high. Weird...

I can agree with this because the helmet is the most iconic part of the suit, and the most important. I can also disagree with this because if you never build again or even attempt to build your suit, you still have a helmet, rather than a shoe, but if your helmet comes out bad. That's a big sad face right there, but if it is a shoe that comes out bad, noone will notice. The first thing I ever made was the helmet, and that is the best thing I ever did. I made my chest piece last and it is the worst looking part in the suit... high. Weird...
Interesting

Welcome to what I've found to be the best community! I like the classic style you decided on I dont have alot of experience in making pepakura (the tiny tabs frustrate me) I'm a foam smith myself. If you are using pepakura designer it's not a bad idea to buy the product key. I've been using it for years and just now bought the key and it gave me the ability to save sizes and edits. If you got any questions dont hesitate to ask me and I'll help with what I can

Ok I know it has been a while since I have been on this thread (had to go on a trip), I am back and am trying to configure my Pepakura settings for a4 sized paper. What should the sizes and margins be?

Ok I know it has been a while since I have been on this thread (had to go on a trip), I am back and am trying to configure my Pepakura settings for a4 sized paper. What should the sizes and margins be?
Margins shouldn't matter as long as you can print the templates within them/on the page. Narrow margins give you more to work with but in the end it's only the templates fitting on the page that matters.
If certain pieces are too big to fit on pages, split them up and put them on different pages. (assuming you cant rotate/move them to fit)

hey SLDR1234 welcome back. Question: Why a4? That is a European setting on the printer.......US equivalent is "Standard".....when printing out side by side they look almost the same but if you superimpose them....they are a bit different in size. So that means whatever you measured, will be slightly off when printed.

hey SLDR1234 welcome back. Question: Why a4? That is a European setting on the printer.......US equivalent is "Standard".....when printing out side by side they look almost the same but if you superimpose them....they are a bit different in size. So that means whatever you measured, will be slightly off when printed.
I'm just going to leave this here for you Dirtdives. 'Equivalent' is a strong word, wouldn't you agree?
It's more entertaining than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back