New Tippmann Tpx Pistol Looks Like M6C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

While out looking for paintball gun schematics, I came across Tippmann's newest sidearm, the TPX. I looked at it for a minute and realized that it looks similar to the M6CSOCOM. What do you guys think?

http://www.tippmann.com/usa/product_guide/markerDetails.aspx?category=TPX

File:ODSTM6C_Automag.jpg

Admittedly, it's off. But there are a few key design features that remind me of the M6C. First, the hand grip isn't all the way back at the end of the weapon. Just like the M6, there is about 1-2 inches of hang over your hand when your holding it.

Next is square shape of the TPX, which looks like the new silencer for the M6CSOCOM. It also has a mounting rail under the barrel, so you could potentially add a laser sight underneath, just like the M6CSOCOM.

Continuing the list, note the cooling vanes on the back of the TPX. Looks alot like the M6-style vanes, similarly situated.

I think that only one thing needs to be done to make the TPX look like an M6CSOCOM, which is to add the M6-generic grip guard, and your more or less set.

It could definitely be the best alternative for paintballing in ODST armor and having an authentic looking weapon, and not having to build it from scratch.

I very much agree! It does bear some striking similarities. I thought that the Tiberius Tac 8 also looked similar as well. With some small mods, I think the Tpx could probably function very well as the M6C. I'm not sure about bringing it to conventions, might be some legal trouble there. But other than that, it would be a good base for a weapon build! ;)

Uh... are you guys intentionally taking my posts from old topics and starting new threads with them? Somebody did that yesterday with the full size Gundam thread too! I mean I know nobody pays attention to what I say anymore, but, there's no need for recycling my topics! :p

Sean Bradley said:
It looks quite a bit like a Tippmann TPX paintball pistol:

tpxpistol.jpg

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18252&view=findpost&p=293783

Um... so yeah, I agree.. in fact in a remarkable time-shift reply, I seem to have agreed before you even asked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
Uh... are you guys intentionally taking my posts from old topics and starting new threads with them? Somebody did that yesterday with the full size Gundam thread too! I mean I know nobody pays attention to what I say anymore, but, there's no need for recycling my topics! :p

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18252&view=findpost&p=293783

Um... so yeah, I agree.. in fact in a remarkable time-shift reply, I seem to have agreed before you even asked!

Oops, heh. I hadn't been on the board in quite a while! Sorry 'bout that, Sean!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the similarities. For paintball though I dont think I would get it. I dont feel like shelling out 200$ for a pistol. I'd rather save it for a better marker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back