New Unfolded Patterns For Smoother Pep Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
pooper said:
Hey all! Just wanted to show you all pics of MrOreo's unfold of Dungbeetle's Iron Man helmet put together (MrOreo said that I could post them :) ).

It's fairly easy to put together, and like all of his unfold's, really bondo friendly. The key is to take your time, since some of the numbers don't match like MrOreo mentioned. So take your time, and you'll be done with this helmet in no time (also, you'll have to get creative/do a little bit of thinking with the back of the helmet).

Have fun with it folks!

AttachmentPreviewdocument.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument1.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument2.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument4.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument5.jpg

Oh hell yeah! That is gonna make bondo work a dream!

Last edited by a moderator:
llinformerll said:
Hey MrOreo, just wanted to ask if you could look at this topic from Nintendude. He has a lot of files that havent been unfolded, thought you'd wanna take a crack at it.

Clicky Clicky :)

Could you please do the Clone Trooper files in that topic?

Well that ironman helm looks a whole lot easier than the version I was building on the weekend to learn how to build cardboard pep models

MrOreo123 said:
Iron Man Helmet by Dungbeetle (Per Dungbeetle, this is a 405th exclusive. Please do not repost this anywhere else.)

Dungbeetle Ironman Unfolded by MrOreo123 v4 (Colored).pdo

What makes this unfold unique is that normally, this helmet is in 3 pieces, but since many of the joints overlap, I removed the extraneous pieces and arranged the tabs so they glue together into 1 piece. Keep in mind that as a result, you'll be gluing some tabs that don't have corresponding numbers. This is also color-coded so black dashes are mountain folds, green dashes are valley folds, and gray dashes (tabs) you glue flat.

This helmet is no longer exclusive to 405th. It is now free for all. You may repost anywhere. :D

llinformerll said:
Hey MrOreo, just wanted to ask if you could look at this topic from Nintendude. He has a lot of files that havent been unfolded, thought you'd wanna take a crack at it.

Clicky Clicky :)

I'll take a look when I get the chance. Some of them look interesting.

Zaloenis said:
Well that ironman helm looks a whole lot easier than the version I was building on the weekend to learn how to build cardboard pep models

Welcome to the 405th. If you're just learning, I'd recommend not tackling this one. It's a great model, but not the easiest to build because it's cheating how the 3 separate pieces join up. As a result, there's a few tabs that connect at mismatched numbers or don't connect to anything at all, resulting in a slight gap you'll have to seal up later. I don't want to discourage you, but I also don't want you to get discouraged if you have difficulty with building something this complex. Of course, if you already have a few pep builds under your belt, I gladly take that back. :)

dungbeetle said:
This helmet is no longer exclusive to 405th. It is now free for all. You may repost anywhere. :D

Yay!

nobletyler said:
how do you do the scaleing for your hd thighs it would help a lot if you could tell me

Brandon McClain said:
Hey MrOreo123 any way you could do the Iron Man helm in portrait vs. Landscape?

I believe Hero (MrOreo123) is taking a break from the forums for a little while guys... If you look at his signature, he says he's decided to give up the 405th for Lent, and he'll be back on Easter. I'm sure he'll answer your questions then. :)

Hope all is well with ya Hero! Good luck! :)

These unfolds are awesome!! and also big thanks for putting Crackhead09 thigh and shin pep files. I'd seen them in alot of other peoples work but hadnt been able to find them or a link to the files that worked, i reckon they look the best.

and a big cheers to the 'search' tool, from making me less of a noob every day :D

nobletyler said:
how do you do the scaleing for your hd thighs it would help a lot if you could tell me

I don't bother with the scaling factor or scaling formulas anymore. It's so inconsistent, depending on the modeler and so forth. Just measure yourself and add a little extra for padding purposes. My scaling tool listed in my sig will give you a good starting point.

Brandon McClain said:
Hey MrOreo123 any way you could do the Iron Man helm in portrait vs. Landscape?

Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere during my absence, but Dungbeetle released a new Iron Man model. It might be his Pepakura Forum's exclusive, so I'll just point you to that thread here. Other than the ears, it's all one piece which is a godsend for direct slushcasters like myself. And some shots of my own build of it:

th_IMG_8012.jpgth_IMG_8018.jpgth_IMG_8017.jpgth_IMG_8014.jpgth_IMG_8013.jpg

Unfortunately, that new unfold is also landscape. Time has been pretty tight for me lately. Is there a major problem with it being in landscape? I only did it that way because it was the best way to see how everything fit together with minimal hunting for pieces. If it's a huge issue for people, I'll redo it and future unfolds in portrait.

pooper said:
I believe Hero (MrOreo123) is taking a break from the forums for a little while guys... If you look at his signature, he says he's decided to give up the 405th for Lent, and he'll be back on Easter. I'm sure he'll answer your questions then. :)

Hope all is well with ya Hero! Good luck! :)

Thanks for chiming in, Pooper. I was kinda hoping people would notice that in my sig so they wouldn't think I was ignoring them. :)

All of the printers I have used wont accept the landscape layout and want to rescale. If I tell pep not to rescale, it only prints part of the page. Not sure if there is some roundabout way to avoid that, dug around and couldn't find anything. I just wish there was someway to simply rotate the page without having to do it piece by piece.

Brandon McClain said:
All of the printers I have used wont accept the landscape layout and want to rescale. If I tell pep not to rescale, it only prints part of the page. Not sure if there is some roundabout way to avoid that, dug around and couldn't find anything. I just wish there was someway to simply rotate the page without having to do it piece by piece.

Oh, I run into that problem all the time, mostly because I forget to do the following: you have to go into the printer setup and change it to landscape just before you print. Apparently, Pep Designer doesn't automatically tell the printer that it's arranged in landscape format already (so BOTH "printer setup" AND "print and paper settings" have to be in landscape format). Let me know if this works for you.

Hi,

I cant get the new ironman MRoreo123 to open with pep viewer. Asks for a password. Do I need pep designer? (cant afford it)

Or failing that is there anyway you could email me the unfolds?

Great Work!!! :lol

why is there no link with the iron man helmet? I really would like to have one of these very nice helmet, I can use one at the airsoft hehe

why is there no link with the iron man helmet? I really would like to have one of these very nice helmet, I can use one at the airsoft hehe

All the links to the files are in the first post (just tested Iron Man myself). However, two things:

First, Dungbeetle as well as Sharkhead have newer, better versions available for download. I suggest you find those in their respective threads.

Second, there are numerous threads regarding making these props for use in airsoft, paintball, etc. and how unsafe it is. Lack of any real protection aside, you'll be reducing your visibility drastically with the Iron Man eye slits, not to mention making yourself a headshot magnet with a bright red and gold helmet. The 405th neither condones nor supports the use of these props for the purposes of actual protective equipment.

Dude, mroreo123, your unfolds are awesome. I especially like the mark vi helmet. Also props to robogenesis for the initial design.

This was my first pep project... the Iron man helmet unfolded by MrOreo... I did the entire sheet and it was a 3 part build. Let me tell you, what a pain! I'm in the stages of resin now but lining up all the pieces to resin together is a pain and you can't do it seperately because they might not fit back together correctly. I plan on finishing up the resin coats (3 on outside) then cutting the parts apart and finishing them all separately. Anyone have any tips for me on this? Or should I just rebuild and 1 piece it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back