New Years Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

shagga

Well having started making a helmet way back in September I rather foolishly decided at the beginning of December to have a go at making a full chief suit in time for the New Year fancy dress party we have each year. I knew it was certainly going to be pushing it fitting what time I could in around christmas but I'm pleased to say I did get it done in time with barely an hour to spare!

You'll have to excuse the poor scaling of some parts as being a big guy its quite hard to get things just right as the armour simply isn't molded for the fatter frame. Its even harder might I add when literally every part was built only once so I considered it somewhat of a success to get this close. Due to the cold weather and limited heating facilities the paint and fibre glass wouldn't dry quick enough to allow me to do as much finishing as I'd like but when all is said and done the costume worked out impressive enough.

Many thanks for all the help on this site particularly to those for providing the models so I could even attempt this and also all those that contribute to the forums such as the scaling thread which was invaluable. This will probably not be the end of the line for me though as I have plans to work on a more accurate and better built suit once I've lost some weight. In the meantime I may check out those COG pep files....

costume1.jpg

The Green Cross Code Chief, the paint job is certainly closer to him :D

halo2.jpg

Well done, patience is the key, it looks great. I look forward to seeing your next.

Ithica

Are my eyes betraying me or is that all HD armor?

How in the world did you make an entire HD suit in a month? ...I only know of one man who can do that much in such a short amount of time...

...HOLY CRAP IT'S SANTA!!!

Everything above the waist was HD but I didn't have the HD files available for the bottom half other than the boots and I thought that was going a bit overkill :D . Boy was I glad the legs were medium detail or my index finger would have dropped off from all the cutting and scouring.

Just as an aside if anyone did have links for some HD legs pdo's I'd be grateful if you could pm me ;) .

ONE MONTH?!!?! WOW, that is impressive (y) keep up the good work. Your scaling ability is impressive. Good luck on losing the weight, and the COG, the chest peice is a huge file. But if you hammered out a cheif suit in a month, the COG suit should take what....a month and a half? lol.

Looking good for the amount of time put into it. I'm highly impressed. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see your COG suit, keep us posted.

well done! and in just a month, really well done...

im glad to see a "bigger" carry the costume and appearance really well.. i too are of a larger frame shall we say lol but tall as well so im hoping i'll be ok...

again im really impressed, just think how it could be with out such a short time frame to finsh it!

shagga said:
Everything above the waist was HD but I didn't have the HD files available for the bottom half other than the boots and I thought that was going a bit overkill :D . Boy was I glad the legs were medium detail or my index finger would have dropped off from all the cutting and scouring.

Just as an aside if anyone did have links for some HD legs pdo's I'd be grateful if you could pm me ;) .

there are some have to look for them

Last edited by a moderator:
shagga said:

Here is a link to crackhead09's post with his HD Cod, Thighs, and Shins. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies on the HD files guys, much appreciated. Is there any reason why these aren't on the wiki?

Thanks for all the comments on the suit too, it isn't one of the greatest out there obviously but in a small town the effect was still impressive :) . I would imagine to build to the quality I'd like having had a full build experience now it would take me in the region of 200+ hours. In all honesty I think the experience has really helped my future builds as its highlighted many problem areas you neeed to watch for in the scaling and building phase. Even with some weight loss (have lost the weight before) I have a lot of muscle mass so understanding how to scale pieces and modify to fit is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back