Noble 6 Concept Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmoredAmir

Edit 3/30/2020:

Hi guys! If aren't up to speed with this build, I'm basically remaking the whole suit. I feel like I had a bad cosplay burnout in 2018/2019 and didn't do anything that whole time. Last time I did anything to the suit was in 2017. I decided I wanted to get back into cosplay and to start off I wanted to do a complete overhaul on this suit. I would like it to match the Concept Art as closely as possible. And, my goal is to have this suit by Tier 3 worthy for deployment so redoing the whole thing is the best way to do that instead of modifying 3 year old foam parts.

Here's a status of parts (5/3/2020):

Part of ArmorStatus
HelmetHelmet sanded and ready to paint
Chestplate
  • Almost ready for painting
  • Pouches almost done, need to dremel edges
AbsTemplate drawn out, waiting for foam order from TNT Cosplay Supply to work on.
BicepsHave been 3D printed and need to be sanded and painted. Also now need to trim some of the plastic at the bottom, it's a little small for fitting on my arm.
ForearmsHave been 3D printed and need to be sanded and painted. Made a UA Buckler attachment based off concept for left arm.
HandsGot gloves and the wrist guards are ready to be painted.
ShouldersUsing old pieces, need to sanded and repainted
CODBuilt out of foam, butt plate is 3D printed
ThighsThighs are ready to be painted.
KneesCurrently working on
ShinsShins are ready to be painted.
BootsHaven't started yet but trying to match concept art more, they will fit over some boots I already have.
KnifeHas been 3D printed, need to sand and painted.

Undersuit and other cosmetics for anyone interested:

Balaclava
Neck Seal (Might change)
Shirt
Pants
Gloves
Voice Amplifier w/ Mic

Under the shirt and pants also, I'm just wearing compression clothes. The goal for the shirt and pants is that I can use snap fasteners on them and then they're placed in the right way I can use the clothes for my future ODST build also and possibly future Halo cosplays also.

Original post from August 2016:

Hey everyone! I've been a member on here for about a year now and made another halo armor already from Halo 4/5 and that's finished.

Now I'm back with my new project. When reach was first in development they had a bunch of concept art released. I've always enjoyed this one specifically because it was aimed to be Noble 6's look before they allowed the play to customize the way he looked in the campaign.

High Quality Concept Armor Pic.jpg

According to the Halo Wikia the armor consists of:

Helmet: Mark V w/ UA Attachment
Left Shoulder: Commando
Right Shoulder: FJ/PARA
Chest: Tactical/LRP Piece
Wrist: UA/Buckler
Knee: FJ/PARA Knee Guards
Visor: Default or Gold
Colors: Silver as Primary color and Steel as Secondary color.

Using Vanity I recreated it and added the Tactical Soft Case. It also has another pocket on the left leg near the bottom that I will add in. I will also be adding the HUL attachment too. Although the wrist I will actually have the Tactical/Tacpad on the Left wrist and Assault/Breacher on the right, I'd rather it be like this so I can have my phone on it and use a nerf rail dart holder that I have lying around and make prop shotgun shells. For the pockets/pouches that are on it I plan to either make them out of foam or go to a military surplus store and find some for a cheap price. If anyone has suggestions on that please let me know. Besides the helmet, it will all be made of foam or its respective material for the pouches (Which could be foam). If I find the time and have more effort towards the build I may build a jetpack for it too! I also own a 3D printer, I will print the knife, handplates, and some other little parts with it.

Noble 6 Concept Armor.png

For the weapon I will eventually make a Halo 5 DMR, but for now it will be my Assault Rifle. I will start with the feet and work my way up. I will be purchasing a helmet off of etsy by RenrakuProps

IMG_7603.JPG

Attachments

• HReach_Noble6_concept.png
    HReach_Noble6_concept.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 5,510
Last edited:
This is my suit as of 2017. I didn't have time then to make the proper Reach Chestplate (Using a chestplate from my old Halo 4/5 Suit) but if you look at my most recent post of this suit, I'm working on upgrading the whole thing and make it so the paint job actually matches the concept art.

IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG
IMG_1233.JPG

Last edited:
To fully go with the concept armor, you need to make the big shins like Jorge had. These look definitely bigger than standard shins... As they have never been unfolded, you'd need to free-hand them.
Also, many of the armor parts look bit different, so you'll need to modify these as well.

Good luck.

Nice! I agree with Cm Palmer about the shins, but I also think what makes this concept art look so unique is the forearms. Both don't look like anything available in the Reach game. The left one has a big attachment (that I'm sure you could mount a phone into, or hide inside of) and the other looks kinda like an armadillo shell, super cool in my opinion. I really think you should explore those options if you want recreate that concept. You can always mount shotty shells on your right thigh too. Good luck!

Good luck!

Thank you! :D

To fully go with the concept armor, you need to make the big shins like Jorge had. These look definitely bigger than standard shins... As they have never been unfolded, you'd need to free-hand them.
Also, many of the armor parts look bit different, so you'll need to modify these as well.

Good luck.

I like jorge's legs better than the default anyways. I'll use the pepakura unfold of his shins and I also have a noble team statue I can use to reference specific details, and thank you!

Nice! I agree with Cm Palmer about the shins, but I also think what makes this concept art look so unique is the forearms. Both don't look like anything available in the Reach game. The left one has a big attachment (that I'm sure you could mount a phone into, or hide inside of) and the other looks kinda like an armadillo shell, super cool in my opinion. I really think you should explore those options if you want recreate that concept. You can always mount shotty shells on your right thigh too. Good luck!

I actually didn't notice the forearms being different until you said that haha. I do enjoy it I may work with that actually on the left arm, cut out part of it and add my phone. And I managed to lose my nerf dart rail thing so looks like thats out.

In other news the boots are done, I don't like the concept boots and prefer the normal ones over them. I also got a 3D printer!I got a deal on it which came with 6kg of filament for free! I'm going to print the knife, hand plates, and some other little parts of the armor with it. I'm really excited to use it for this project.

IMG_7625.JPG

IMG_7614.JPG

This is a Robo 3D R1 Plus

Good luck! I look forward to seeing it completed.

Thank you. I'm excited for the end also!

I've finished the shins! I'm pretty proud of the detail work, it mainly just hides all the flaws in it since I used the pepakura file to assemble this. I will go back and fill in any empty parts with Kwik Seal to finish it off before pasti-dip.

IMG_7652.JPG

IMG_7653.JPG

IMG_7654.JPG

I 3D printed the hand plates, a knife, and a sheath but the knife decided to break so I'm going to need to reprint it then I'll post pictures of all the things that have been 3D printed.

Hey all, big update for this build! I 3D printed the shoulders, handplates, knees, knife, and the sheath. Using files from the archive, myminifactory, and obviously editing them myself a little bit. I also finished the thighs. The helmet has been casted and here is an update picture from RenrakuProps. Enjoy a bunch of pictures no need to explain it. I'm also going to redo the boots and make them like the concept armor I realized I need to follow it almost exactly and to be honest the boots I made look like crap.

20160924_220330.png

By: RenrakuProps

20160928_144830.jpg

Left Shoulder: Commando

20160928_144843.jpg

Right Shoulder: FJ-Para

20160928_144916.jpg

Handplates

20160928_144907.jpg

Knife and Sheath

20160928_145016.jpg

Thighs, I know there are some glue seams, detailing isn't done yet still have a bit more to do.

20160928_144857.jpg

Compared to the concept art photo, and on my knees I may need to scale it more and print it bigger.

Hey all! Got an update for you guys. So I decided to redo the boots and freehand the shins to look like the concept art a lot more. And I'd like to thank Schankerz, he originally did the shins and posted a picture of part of the base he made so I worked off of that and made my own. If anyone would like the template I have of I can I scan it and send it around or post it in the file archive somehow. I'd have to say I really like it and think its one of my better works that I've done. I went a military surplus store near my dads house and got me some pouches for the chest and shin too. I'm planning on redoing the thighs because I want this project to be as perfect as possible. I have also commissioned Johnson Arms Props to make the drop-shield armor ability module for me and I can't wait for that to be done. (Also for sick Photoshop edits)

Boot Shin Thihg.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

I'll be doing the kneepads also with the extend wing thing like the concept art photo.

IMG_0622.JPG

3633053C-D314-42E6-840C-0E19B9A96522.JPG

icm_fullxfull.101425858_djvcv4lqie0ccks08g4g.jpg

Also update from RenrakuProps on the helmet, its almost done. I love it so much and can't wait to wear it :D.

I've created an excel document to help me keep track of all my projects that I have been working and or plan on doing sometime in the future. Took me awhile to figure out a lot of the excel commands but it was worth it in the end. Here's some photos because I'm proud of my work.

cd680d274811d9a4292c92e1f5c28165.png

Home page with overview

a538eb8ee982303a19026f1ae9e7d8c5.png

This project's Specific page

I'm glad I could be of service! I really like how yours turned out, especially the added bulk in the front that I didn't think of doing before but will definetly be trying now. Awesome work so far, keep it up!

I've created an excel document to help me keep track of all my projects that I have been working and or plan on doing sometime in the future. Took me awhile to figure out a lot of the excel commands but it was worth it in the end. Here's some photos because I'm proud of my work.

View attachment 32950

Home page with overview

View attachment 32951

This project's Specific page

If you are keeping track of your builds.....you might also want to keep track of you scaling/sizing. This was you can refer to it later on on another build. Instead of remeasuring yourself.....you'll already have your sizes. Looks great so far!!!!

really looking forward to this build, I am also going to be making this suit later down the road. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

If you are keeping track of your builds.....you might also want to keep track of you scaling/sizing. This was you can refer to it later on on another build. Instead of remeasuring yourself.....you'll already have your sizes. Looks great so far!!!!

True! They're on a different thing entirely but probably a good idea to combine it together. Thanks for the feedback :D

how are you thinking on doing the visor?

For my last build I just cut out a motorcycle visor and did that. That'll probably be your best bet.

So I'm taking my time so I can get everything right so I don't have to come back and make improvements like my last build.

The Helmet came in and it's freaking amazing I can't wait to for the rest of the armor to be done to go with this master piece. (It has lights just didn't turn them on)
unnamed.jpg

Next the armor ability module came in too! It'll look sexy on my back
F71834B1-E1B4-483B-8111-7AC0E3B159D6.JPG

Lastly I remade the thighs and the glue lines and such things are a lot cleaner. Still need to add further detail to them. I also added the Knees, I decided against 3D printing them due to possible weight and just waste of filament if I can just do it in foam.

82980FB9-6A80-4993-B92B-9273C71B0BCF.JPG

Everything in the build will have some form of lights. After detailing of the thighs I will be doing the COD piece and then next the biceps and forearms. I'll leave the chestplate for last.

looking great so far, Love how you are nailing the concept pieces. keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back