Noble Map Pack now with Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that most of the achievements are tied to the maps, like the Mythic maps in Halo 3. I would imagine "Skunked on Breakpoint" and things of that nature. Speaking of Breakpoint, anybody notice that those Spartans were using a rocket hog?

And Anchor 9 has space! I hope is doesn't get ruined like Zealot. . .

Good point. :)

Any hear if they are releasing more ranks with it?

Any hear if they are releasing more ranks with it?

From Bungie's Weekly Update on 10/15:

Bnet said:
In the very short term future a thermometer will appear on the Bungie.net front page charting the community’s collective progress towards completing, wait for it…

117 Million Daily & Weekly Challenges!

Don’t freak out. Currently, our online engineers project that you’re on pace to hit that milestone sometime in November. I’d wager to guess that you’ll hit it early in the month, but hey, what do I know?

Well, I do know that when you do cross the 117 Million mark, we’ll celebrate by blowing the lid off the level cap! In the immediate aftermath, new ranks and armor will be made magically available for you inside The Armory, provided you have the rank and credits required. Time to get to work!

Oh, and no, we won't be counting boosted challenges.

And here is said thermometer, updated as of today:
vAS25Qh.jpg

Honestly, in regards to the new maps, I'm not getting them. Ever. Unless they are free, which they aren't. Why is it that Bungie is blind to the fact that the Lone Wolf mission was amazing, and the environment of it would be perfect for some all-out war due to the lack of proper cover and the vast, open area? It would be an area of chaos, fitting great in firefight or regular missions. Why they aren't making a multiplayer map of it, I cannot understand. [/irrelevant rant]

So yeah, these new maps look cool and great. In fact, Anchor 9 is brilliant. But I am not supporting them until they make the map I stated above.

This week's Bungie update has info on some of the new Achievements.

Totally Worth It
50 Points
Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Both Barrels
50 Points
Earn a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Cross-Mappin'
50 Points
Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.

You Ate All the Chips
42 Points
Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.

You Blew It Up!
13 Points
Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.

Poppin' & Lockin'
25 Points
Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.

Offensive Driver
20 Points
Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.
I also ran across something that literally made my jaw drop:
I was doing some forum lurking myself and noticed that there were some complaints that the Pelican isn’t on the list of player pilotable vehicles. Turns out, it is. By way of Dan Miller’s mad genius and some deviously hidden devices, the Pelican can become player controlled.

Mind. Blown.

Hey everybody! Just wanted to let you guys know that the pilotable Pelican easter egg has been found! It's on the New Alexandria level. And in another twist, if you hijacked a Banshee, you can fly a Phantom, too! I've spent most of today working on this, as has a huge force over at Bungie.net. Real credit goes to kornman over at HBO; he decompiled the game code and told us when to look for the switch. He then found the switch the old-fashioned way, by just flying around.

I will put up some pics and details from my own run tomorrow; I'm exhausted right now.

If you want some super-spoilers, check out this short clip on Bungie.net.

I didn't see him jump out or anything in the clip - do you just fly through the fork support or whatever that is?

Look on Youtube for the steps for it, just search Halo Reach Pelican Easter Egg and you'll get a lot of choices.

Basically after you clear 3 objectives and you're directed to defend Oni HQ there's a hidden switch you hit (looks like 2 players are needed) and then you fly through that ring building.

Just a reminder for those of us still playing Reach, the Noble Map Pack is out today!
XBL Marketplace Download

Also Bungie's adding a DLC-only playlist today:
dlc.jpg

NOBLE MAP PACK

Play Slayer and Objective on maps from the Noble Map Pack. DLC Required.
Team Size: 5-6
Max Party Size: 12
Max Local Players: 4 (Available 11.30.10)

Didn't get to play these last night, but I did check out the Gamestop preorder exclusive "Flaming Mk V Helmet" for my avatar...

Yes it really was just an ODST helmet like all the pictures showed, no Mk V in sight.
haloreachdlc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back