Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon, did you pep before you molded everything and if you did what scale did you use...i just read all the way through this thread and we are almost the same size...i am having scaling issues with my pep work..thanks

The parts that I did were used as a base. You can see them in my Reach LT wip. The parts done by Kasper were raw sculpts. His shins are sculpted over pepakura. I use the pep, harden, then bondo method. As far as scale, I just measure the particular part that is supposed to fit, and check on the original where it is supposed to be. The thighs are 14 inches tall, the boots are sculpted over a size 10 and will fit up to a 12. Shins will be 12 inches high, not including the add ons.

so all the files on the first page have been scaled to your size. If that is the case then i shouldn't really have a problem with the size.

The original unfolds were all guesses, some have turned out to be too small. I generally measure when I am ready to build the part for myself. I know the scale on the bicep was way too small on the original, the second unfold should be better. You will always want to measure yourself just to make sure. That is what I did on the thigh.

i am having difficulty understanding the scaling process...i went through the guide on here...but it is still unclear to me...anyone have a more clear quide that i can follow to scale everything

Brandon, would you mind removing my hand plate from your file base? Up until now I didn't really mind it being there, but seeing how people start claiming to have made my models, I don't want my files available anywhere. If you could remove both this link and the one available here, I'd appreciate it. They are two different downloads apparently.

This is the guy claiming to have made my hand plate (along with all of rundown's Noble 6 armour): http://405th.com/for...showtopic=26234

The guy most likely downloaded all the stuff from your thread, seeing how this is the only place (well, kinda) that my hand plate is available. Want proof that it's mine? Here's "his" hand plate, side by side with mine (on the right in pepakura designer), and if it's not enough seeing both designs are identical, he even left in the open edges that were present in my model:

handplate.jpg

No problem. I thought that particular little detail looked familiar. That little detail made the unfold interesting. consider it done!

EDIT: Done and done. Also removed it from my 4 shared. If there is anything else you need me to do, let me know!!

almost have the chest piece finished just need to join the two pieces and build a support structure...the scaling seems to be decent just have to enlarge the hole for my neck...pics later today

Brandon McClain said:
Okay, so I know I said I would post up pics of the molds once I got them all done. Well I found a camera and snagged yall some pics. I am absolutely in love with the new gauntlet mold. Its fantastic!!!! No bubbles, no warping, easy to remove and the top is absolutely flat. Its perfect!!!!! The thigh is also done. The mother mold was a total wench to remove the first time, took me like 4 hours to get it off, but now its fantastic!!!!!! Did some pulls in flex foam 17, and its freaking sick. Love this stuff. The nice thing about the new thighs is that they are modeled much more closely to how a human body works, so they aren't digging into the back of your knee, so even if you have them in resin, they are still very comfortable. I will be sending a pull of the thigh to Kasper, and he will be sculpting the inner thigh, which will be cast in flex foam. As I am writing this he is doing the glove mold on the boot, so that will be ready sometime late next week. Here are your pics:

The thigh:

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

The new gauntlet mold:

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

I wish the pictures did these things justice. The pulls came out SOOOOOO clean and smooth its not even funny. You do get a bubble or two from the flex foam, but that is pretty normal. The resin pieces are just flawless!!

How come none of the legs have the inside pieces like in halo 3, I'm thinking on puting them on on mine and seeing how it turns out

Last edited by a moderator:
RUSIF=PH said:
How come none of the legs have the inside pieces like in halo 3, I'm thinking on puting them on on mine and seeing how it turns out

Kasper is going to sculpt it, mold it and cast it out of rubber so you dont have the uncomfortable stiff inner thigh thingy :p

Kasper is actually just tweaking the sculpt now. It is mostly done. He will do the transition mold, and I will do the final. The inner thigh part will come included with the regular thigh. I got the boot in the mail today, I am just wrapping up the last of the bondo now. I just need to find a camera so I can post some pics. I will be working on the left thigh the rest of the weekend, see if I can't get most of that done so I can move along to the shoulders...

Great work everyone, this is coming together greatly!

Got to ask, Is the bicep peice in the works? I'm sculpting it at the moment. If your interested. check out.
, at about 3 minutes in. (not done)

Just giving you the heads up. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

The biceps will be started in June. We will be doing both the left and right sides, as they are different and not really universal. Have to get the left thigh done first. We will be doing all of the parts "in house" so to speak. Kasper and I have divided the parts up. He takes the ones that are easier to sculpt, vs pep and what not, and I do the rest. He is working on the shins right now, then will do the cod and several of the various shoulder and undersuit parts. We are also working on various helmets (Jun, Emile, Carter, and Jorge) although those will be finished after the rest of the armor.

Okay, updates! Boot mold is complete and I have started doing pulls. There were a few bubbles, but those have been repaired, and they come out great! When I can find a camera, I will post up pics! On an even more exciting note, Kasper has had some serious time available and has made tons of progress on the Emile helmet! Here are some pics to give y'all a bit of a teaser look:

43080367-1.jpg

43112173.jpg

43080367.jpg

He is working on cutting detail lines and then final smoothing, then it will make its way this way for molding. So expect to see some exciting things from that soon!! Also, Kasper is looking to start on some shoulder attachments and wouldn't mind some feedback on which ones people are most interested in. As always, enjoy!!!

We will be making the visor, we are currently working out the kinks, but once it is complete and works the way we want it, we will be sure and post it!

ok whats the deal? We have posted so many great things the past couple of weeks and its just went on by with no comment s or even hatters or cretiques from anyone. i know there now thousands of people on this site and yet nothing. wow now i understand why the modelers are quiting. sorrry just felt like ranting for a sec

OMG! thats fricken awesome. so in the visor once you have finished it, are you going to use see through paint for the skull or are you going to make a decal of it?

Everything is looking really awesome Brandon!

The Emile helmet is a work of bloody art!!

I wish everyone is this things the best of luck.

-Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back