(Non- Halo- Section) Any Mass Effect interested Cosplayers here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu

Since we sadly don`t have a forum directly focused on Mass Effect Costumes and Props, (please correct me if im wrong) i decided to see if there are any Mass Effect intereseted Cosplayers present.
Right now i am working on further improving my Halo Reach armor but when i am done, i am planning to start a Mass Effect project, to be more specific: a male Turian (Not Garrus, just something i have come up with on my own).
Now i just wanted to know, if anybody here has any experience regarding Mass Effect projects and if there is something specific i should know before i start.

Welcome and hello from another ME fan and cosplayer! I have experience with N7 armor from the trilogy and plenty of friends with Turians. Feel free to ask any questions and, if I cannot answer them, I'll try and get some from my more knowledge N7s.

Welcome and hello from another ME fan and cosplayer! I have experience with N7 armor from the trilogy and plenty of friends with Turians. Feel free to ask any questions and, if I cannot answer them, I'll try and get some from my more knowledge N7s.
The first thing i want to build is the head and i am planning to use craft foam for this and then attach it to a ski mask or something else (To get it look like the jaw and the mandibles are moving when i talk)
For painting i plan to use acrylic paint (both for the head and the facial markings) but i don`t know what i should use for sealing the craft foam or if i should even seal it at all.
For sealing i had Bondo and Resin in mind but i don`t know if it will work out.
If you could help me on this i would really appreciate it.

Hi,
I build a Systems Alliance Ajax Armor. First troop with it a few weeks ago, but i have to fix some parts and so a new helmet.

Thought about a turian Soldier to. Next year.....

Hi,
I build a Systems Alliance Ajax Armor. First troop with it a few weeks ago, but i have to fix some parts and so a new helmet.

Thought about a turian Soldier to. Next year.....
If you are going to build the Turian soldier, are you planning to build the Turian armor from scartch or use Pepakura ?
Because the only Pepakura files regarding Turian Armor i have right now are these: https://www.pepakura.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/garrus.zip
Actually, they are just meant for a small papercraft statue of Garrus but i am trying to sort out the individual parts (like chest, boots, etc.) and scale them up to my size
(Not sure if this will work)
So if you or anyone else would know where to find other Turian pep files, i would be very grateful.

If you are going to build the Turian soldier, are you planning to build the Turian armor from scartch or use Pepakura ?
Because the only Pepakura files regarding Turian Armor i have right now are these: https://www.pepakura.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/garrus.zip
Actually, they are just meant for a small papercraft statue of Garrus but i am trying to sort out the individual parts (like chest, boots, etc.) and scale them up to my size
(Not sure if this will work)
So if you or anyone else would know where to find other Turian pep files, i would be very grateful.

That's the problem. I want to use pepakura, but seems I have to do this by scratch.
What I use is Garrus Head with pepakura, found one. But Armor... Hmmm, perhaps I use the Garrus Armor as template and change some parts.
Garrus is a turian Soldier , so why shouldnt other soldiers the same Armor?

That's the problem. I want to use pepakura, but seems I have to do this by scratch.
What I use is Garrus Head with pepakura, found one. But Armor... Hmmm, perhaps I use the Garrus Armor as template and change some parts.
Garrus is a turian Soldier , so why shouldnt other soldiers the same Armor?
That sounds like it could work. The only "real" Turian pep file i have is the Terminus Helmet from the Terminus Armor for Garrus in ME3, since i couldn`t
find a normal Turian helmet (Sadly, i can`t remember where i found it, otherwise i would have posted the link here. I believe i got it from the Mass Effect file database on the therpf forums, i`ll edit this post when i find the link)
Good luck on your project though !

That's the place Where I found it too
I think there are no other Files...

Thanks, good luck too. First I have to continue my Halo builds, Halo 3 Marine and ODST ;)

I'm hoping to start a Salarian (Not Mordin) soon. Currently have feelers out to Bioware to see if once I sculpt my mask if i can sell copies (without their undies twisting).

I also at some point want to do a Taurien (also not Garus), and I'll probably eventually do an Agrarian, both of which i will end up sculpting.

I started working on this a while ago, I was going to 3d print it.
:
14440882_10210834848613600_480938539795918909_n.jpg

I'm hoping to start a Salarian (Not Mordin) soon. Currently have feelers out to Bioware to see if once I sculpt my mask if i can sell copies (without their undies twisting).

I also at some point want to do a Taurien (also not Garus), and I'll probably eventually do an Agrarian, both of which i will end up sculpting.
Please keep posting updates when you start to sculpt the salarian, since i a really curios to see how the whole project turns out.
Oh, and also good luck on the selling part but i am afraid that you might have to get in touch with BioWare themselves to see if you can sell the copies
without any problems.

I started working on this a while ago, I was going to 3d print it.
:View attachment 249117
Nice job on the model, i really like it !
May i ask what program you used for the model, since i am (slowly) starting to get into 3d-modeling myself and i would be really happy if i could
pull of something as amazing like this myself in the (far) future.

Please keep posting updates when you start to sculpt the salarian, since i a really curios to see how the whole project turns out.
Yea, I'll definitely update somewhere here once progress starts.
Oh, and also good luck on the selling part but i am afraid that you might have to get in touch with BioWare themselves to see if you can sell the copies
without any problems.
Yea, it's technically one of those grey areas, as technically it would be 100% my own work, most they could legally do is restrict my ability to say it's a salarien or use any branding, but as precaution, I always like to reach out to a lawyer and ask as well. As I stated in my previous post,
[snip]Currently have feelers out to Bioware to see if once I sculpt my mask if i can sell copies (without their undies twisting).
so I definitely have that in mind, but as they publish refrance resources for some of their characters, I think I have a good chance.

I have been working on a Garrus costume for the longest time! pretty happy with the way it's turning out so far.
View attachment 249602
I have to admit, i am a bit jealous, because i don`t have the time to build my costumes since i am kinda busy right now and your armor looks so awesome. Please keep posting updates on your project here if you don`t mind, because i am a huge Garrus fan and would absolutely love to se how your build turns out

I have to admit, i am a bit jealous, because i don`t have the time to build my costumes since i am kinda busy right now and your armor looks so awesome. Please keep posting updates on your project here if you don`t mind, because i am a huge Garrus fan and would absolutely love to se how your build turns out

My Garrus cosplay is now complete! I will be posting up the finished product here in a few minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back