Noob...first Post As Instructed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW0EMUL

hay I'm new to 405th. I have a mild amount of exp. with peping, and call me cocky but iv got a tall order i hope to finish by Sep. 22. I hope by now everybody knows whats happening then. My goal is to finish O.N.I. officer outfit with goodies. I would understand a great amount of doubt to this task, but i have many years of modeling experience, a great amount of patients, and plenty of determination. Here are some of the things i have done.
dscn0438u.jpg

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see it started!!! Welcome to the 405th, good luck on your costume!:D

hmmm might I add that was my first thread...I now realize i placed that image incorrectly. When i figure that out ill post more images of my progress.

Looks like you're off to a great start! I have to admit, looking at the enlarged pic of that rifle made me think it was one of adam's. :lol Those toy's r us ones are very convincing! Lol

I see that you've already got several pieces pepped, and that's a good thing. Keep in mind, the odst suit is fairly flexible. Certain parts of the suit don't necessarily need to be included for the whole thing to look good. For instance, some of the "pads" and packs on the front and back torso don't really "have" to be there. They're kind of just extras. Looking forward to seeing how your progress comes along. ;) Good luck!

Ok this is the fore arm bit.
dscn0439cgv.jpg

Its kind of big on the inside and i thought after clothing and some padding it would fit properly.http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9703/dscn0440a.jpg

but after messing with it for a bit i realized as i twist my wrist it doesn't stay with my arm so i looked at some landfall odst images to see how they made it stay and I realized that they have straps on the inside to hold your arm in place so when you move your wrist it moves with it.
odstv.jpg
you can see the strap at the top of the left fore arm.

This is the top of the chest plate.
dscn0441.jpg

dscn0442z.jpg

Here are the knee pads. There not done i just felt like spray painting them black.
dscn0444.jpg

um to keep the knee pads on and to make them durable i got some elbow pads which ill be fixing the knee pads to. I spray painted the elbow pads black to match. They fit together perfectly, and i decided to use elbow pads vs. knee pads was because elbow pads are smaller, and hide better under the odst knee pads.
dscn0445i.jpg

dscn0446j.jpg

These are some flash bangs i made from ax cans, rivit nails, and key chain rings. This was not my original idea...the nails were, but i heard about this from some one eles.
dscn0447.jpg

And if ur wondering why i have flash bangs i was looking at pic concept pics and saw some odsts with cylindrical canisters and i thought this would be cool instead.
halo3odstcharconcept032.jpg

Ok this is my AR I'm working on. Which is not finished. I just need to finish the paint job.
dscn0448q.jpg

the barrel is a MR1 Spyder paint ball barrel, and a Husky flashlight.
dscn0449nvf.jpg

and i have jimmy rigged a button on the side so you can turn it on right by your hand when you hold it.

dscn0452e.jpg

And the flash light works really good...i am quite pleased.

dscn0453p.jpg

dscn0454.jpg

any advice is welcome and greatly app. except from Lord Perth 16...I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT I CAN GET IT DONE.

The count down con. 61 days

lol...Fine work...I didn't know you had this much done...you have to show me what you did with the nails, it's hard to see in the pictures...maybe this will encourage smith...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back