Noob Recon Belakor W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raidenx55

Hey guys this is my first post, I am new to the 405th, and have been working on my recon helmet for a couple of days now, I'm still in the bondo stage and will be working all day to get it into the painting stage, I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the recon helmet from the back, since I can't seem to find any.

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

there are some uneven areas that im gonna fix today, ill have some photos up with progress later on this evening

*EDIT*

DYSTORTED INC said:
Dude, thats an EOD pic.

Yeah, i think your right, i can see the that there arent any details on the sides of the helmet like the recon.

Last edited by a moderator:
mc hammer time said:
Theres your pic. Good luck!

This is EOD. Not Recon.

I checked the wiki but it seems we have no Recon folder there which is a shame.

Robby said:
According to the costume wiki that is recon. EOD has those things that run down along the jaw and eyeball visors.

I can assure you that is most certainly EOD.

Ruze789 said:
There are a couple in the reference gallery, uploaded by Belakor:

Those are just what I needed man, sorry I dont know where to find things at. This will help a lot, the back has been an enigma till now

I have finished detailing and bondoing the helmet, I painted it black to help me get rid of the bumps when I sand later this evening, I hope to Paint tomorrow, here are some updated pics.

DSC_00652.jpg

DSC_00642.jpg

DSC_00632.jpg

DSC_00622.jpg

I have the first layers of paint done, Im going to paint the accents black and then Ill put a couple of coats of clear down once I get everything finalized, here is a sneak preview, I ordered a gold mirrored visor via ebay today too. I can't wait to see this thing finished.

DSC_00623.jpg

DSC_00633.jpg

DSC_00643.jpg

P32 said:
what method did you use for the panel lines?

I very carefully used my dremel and etched the lines in after I Sharpied the lines. It was nerve racking cus I thought I would cut the helmet at anytime

Robby said:
Dude!!! Nice, did you mean for some much to show through?

what do you mean? you talking about the black, then yes, I wanted it to look weathered

Heh, yeah I was just about to edit, I did mean black. >.< I am all for shiny and new myself, but even for weathered do you think it's a little much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back