Not HALO but all inspired by this forum New Build Planetside 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hebe73

Hey all,

After procrastinating what to go as for this Halloween (my bf's work is a video gaming company and their Halloween party is awesome with loads taking a lot of effort for their costumes) I wanted to do something awesome. Sadly as Halloween is close, not much chance of doing a Halo outfit so decided to try with something similar but hopefully a little easier..
I play Planetside 2, it is a free FPS MMO and its pretty awesome. I play for the New Conglomerate (NC) and always as a Medic so decided I should go as what I play most evenings.

For those that don't know this is the reference image from the game:

nc2.jpg

I have sourced the trousers and undershirt from Ebay and made a net shirt from some fabric to go over. I wont have time to make the what looks like a padded vest underneath, but planning to as sewing is something I do regularly. I finished the kneepads and a few other bits. Only have a photo of the knee pads atm..

kneepads.jpg

Once I finish the cutting and glueing of the shoulder pads I'll update on here. I got till Friday.. Think I need some more hours in the day!

Hebe

edit: helps if I copy the right links

Attachments

• nc2.jpg
    nc2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 257
  • kneepads.jpg
    kneepads.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 155
Reaaally cutting it fine with a Halloween deadline, it's just days away D:

But it's looking good so far! I really hope you manage to pull this off in time, best of luck :)

Thanks guys, I know its getting tight.. I am used to doing this. Last year I sewn a Sherlock Holmes / Assassins Creed mash up full length coat for my BF.. 2 days and 15+ hours sewing to finish it before the party..

UPDATE:

Here are the complete kneepads and shinpads completed. I am waiting on my clips to arrive so I can start doing the webbing. Got 1 shoulder pad finished and will be doing the other. Out of glue sticks.. so waiting on a few (100) that I ordered.

25bf958f-2360-45a1-9f72-2734ea04ebeb.jpg

Hebe

Attachments

• 25bf958f-2360-45a1-9f72-2734ea04ebeb.jpg
    25bf958f-2360-45a1-9f72-2734ea04ebeb.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back