Not your everyday ODST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning on sticking a visor behind the perforated steel? it would add to the ODST+demolitions/engi look.

You have plans for the rest of the armor ro make it match?

i agree with XULUX11, it does look deadspace-ish

yeah man i plan to incorporate the rest of the armor the same way. thanks for the comments guys i really appreciate it.

Woop Woop new photos, i dropped a visor in to see how it would look.
odst032.jpg

odst031.jpg

odst030.jpg

odst034.jpg

I wasnt too fond of your flashlight on the helmet before, but with these pics it does look like it belongs there.
I am very interested in seeing how you plan on making the rest of the armor match the engi theme. incorporation of tool oriented webbing? redesign of some or all of the armor plates? both? Thus far, i think this has the potential of becoming one of the most interesting, if not among the elite ODSt armor builds. I look forward to seeing more progress.

well what i have in mind is something like this. This is not my chest piece i just borrowed the photo of google images. thanks for whoever for putting that on google.
DSCN1646.jpg

I am assuming that the grid marks are planned placement of webbing?

A suggestion, having things hanging off the front of the chest of an individual can be annoying, this is increased even more when one is in a stressful situation (i.e. combat). Having experience as a mechanic and machinist, i can say with at least a mild amount of authority on the subject that you would want nothing needlessly above the belt line. They get in the way, and every time ya glance down they catch your eye, and can be the cause of damaging distraction.

To correct this matter i would suggest building webbing into the right (or left if you are a left handed individual) hip plate.

These are suggestions, in no way am i saying that you can not do this, it is just my opinion that you should alter your design.

also, keep in mind the fact that unless you are planning on joining the military as a sapper and wearing this armor while performing your assigned tasks, all placement pn this armor should remain for the aesthetic value alone, so do what looks the best to you.

yeah the grid marks are where the metal webbing my visor is made of is going to go. I won't really know for sure what im going to do until i have the chest piece painted. haha. The helmet i made was just an idea i had and assembled it. once i get this chest piece done im going to kind of wing it and find what i have to assemble it. As we speak im assembling this chest piece. We'll see how it goes but I appreciate you input Hyena

I'm not really into the way you're going about doing this. It kinda looks like you threw the wire on it without really thinking of the Aesthetic results. The flashlight, like someone else said, looks like it doesn't really belong there. The wires as well. I'm not knocking your project, I just feel there's places you could go with this, and those places have been gone yet.

Some things I could really see mixing into your style of armor:

-A variation of Romeo's Goggles where you have welding goggles instead
- Wires sticking out of a hole in the armor that has scorch marks around it to look like a plasma burn
- incorporating the flashlight INTO the helmet (maybe a smaller flahslight, bondo it into the helmet)
- more lines, less electrical tape for detail
- other metallic paints, I like the copper look, but you might want to add in other colors for contrast
- use some rubber, or rubber looking paints

These are just a few conceptual ideas, just for you to think about. I like the way this is headed. I'll be watching :)

Yeah I just found my black super high heat paint, so the helmet is getting redone ou can count on that. I never really explained but the electrical tape was to hold it in a certain place so it wouldnt warp. it kinds worked. I do like the plasma burn idea with the wires you guys have suggested. I'm deffinatley going to attempt this. And the welder goggles idea i am going to try out. See if it works. But here is my prototype chest that once i get my other pepped will look something like this. I just threw this together in like 5 minutes just as a model for future reference.
odst036.jpg

odst035.jpg

What are those? Wireless networking cards? Awesome though!

Maybe break up the shapes of them with some odds and ends of foam around the outside. Like pronouncing those little tabs under them?

haha yeah they are some old cars i had i thought theyd be neat. but wait till u see my helm now, it looks a lot different

Double post sadface. sowwy.
odst038.jpg

odst039.jpg

odst040.jpg

odst042.jpg

odst041.jpg

The GPS(phone) feeds information to the odst's visor info such as temp air pressure direction navigational data waypoint data all that good stuff. He is armed with a knife and pistol since he does not do much fighting. The reason being that he is a engineer/technician. He outfits his helmet to his style because he is a lone wolf(no noble 6 references inferred)

Was the knife on the helmet really necessary?

To be honest, I liked the original paint scheme more (this one screams at me "ROOKIE!" followed with a echo of "Emile...")

At this point, I'd be thinking of ways to turn this helmet into a MP helmet and working on concepts for a future ODST helmet. I was really thinking of a steampunk-like ODST when I first saw this. Steampunk usually uses leather and copper like you did. Excess wires and cogs and such are added to make it look cool.

OR WHAT IF..... you had a lazer on the knife?????

Only suggetion would be to paint using masking tape for a more perfected stripe and rock out.

I have a shop where I can get some interesting pieces for your designs for you if you'd like. They have lights, led kits, hardware tools, ect...
Very very low cost, I say a buck each item... maybe, a... dollar store... (Shifty eyes)
Anyhow,
Looking awesome.

i like lazerz. the stripe is supposed to look not straight. like it was done in the field of battle. i might hit you up on those led's once i get a new helm done. i'm not super proud of this one

I liked the first paint scheme as well, although this one is Okay as well, btw, I think your helmet looks a bit like a Halo Reach CQC Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back